Live tick chart anomaly ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by overdraft3, May 20, 2011.

1. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

This has probably been discussed before . ok eg 1) go to usagold live charts... go to INSTRUMENTS click /silver spot new click then TIME SCALE click ticks click then ( you will see a little pin under help ) detach chart click. 2) Go to goldprice org same deal Instruments click/ silver price USD spot click then TIME SCALE click ticks click. The detached chart from usagold should be floating now down by your taskbar click that n overlap it above the goldprice org chart and compare the LIVE Ticks supposedly running simultaineously. I have noticed variations from .01 cent diff to .10 cents diff. Sometimes a swing albeit up or down does not even rock up . Why is this so ? Is it server lag ? faster pcs ? different source imputs? speaking of which who is the be all and end of at the beginning of these tick charts?. Although the numbers generally follow each other they never seem to exactly marry . I guess these discrepencies are all over the show if one investigated deeper . Peeps make bets long n short by the nano second on these charts do they not ?. Anyone have an explanation ?.

2. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

awww no replys. eh its been a good saturday arvo reading bron and fofoa cheers.

3. BigBen

BigBen New Member

I think i get what your daying.
    Depending on what instrument the chart represents you will get slight variations i would think, even though you shouldnt.
    There is gold on Comex, london spot, central bank, market maker cfd, all different financial instruments on the same commodity 'gold'.
    Market makers basically provide liquidity and the spread so that other people can speculate on the price of gold, they get theyre price feeds from a number of sources, usually these are spot on, but i am convinced market makers have periods where price does not correlate to the actual price of a given commodity.

Yes, paranoia :)
    Im sure those who work in commodity prop desks think this is a load of hogwash, they most likely know exactly how it all works.