Litecoin decoupling?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by RetardedMonkey, Mar 3, 2014.

1. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

Indeed! I'm all into litecoin now again and definately benefited from this generous ratio

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

pretty irrelevant at this point in time

the scrypt ASIC miners cost more than an equivalent GPU rig

they need to run for more than 18 months to make the difference in cost back even with our high australian electricity prices, this first generation of scrypt asic miners is no threat to GPU mining on litecoin atm. In the future this may change but with what is currently out there @ the prices it is out there @ this is true and we ahve at least 6+ months until it may change.

3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10 gridseeds at 2100usd and 3.5mhs pull 10w total and should roi in under 40 days.

the equivalent gpu rig pulls over 1300w and costs over 3000usd. also consider the amount of heat this gpu rig generates its a no brainer.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Litecoin going down again, weird.

5. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that Huobi has all but 'officially' announced that they are about to implement Litecoin as well. The official Huobi 'Weibo' page has leaked the following info, via google translate:

http://weibo.com/huobicom

6. Court Jester

your numbers are way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way

off, please show me where you can buy 3mh of grid seed(10) units ( with needed accessories ) for USD $2300 and everywhere I have read about them they quote 3mh/s not 3.5 again please show me 10 hashing @ 3.5mh/s with a rated power draw of 70w

if I can get them for this mythical 2300 landed with accessories needed to actually run them I will buy them all day long but that is a fantasy in your head I believe.

here is my link: http://hashra.com/gridseed-3-mh-s-scrypt-sha-miner-including-psu-accessories/

the cheapest I have seen them is $2425 + $125 shipping = $2900 AUD landed if I dont get slugged with GST and customs fees ( add another 12%) so potentially $3250 AUD landed

and the cost of the PC is about $2200 AUD for 3mh (4x gpu ) and uses about 1100w I will pay for the rig well before the cost difference is paid back before in extra power. Also with the GPU's I can actually sell as they have another purpose when tey become obsolete for mining, a ASIC script miner that is obsolete is just a paperweight.

like I said these gen 1 asi scrypt miners are not worth the money compared to GPU's, I will wait until the next gen of gear.

7. dozerz

maybe you havent found the cheapest source or are willing to believe they run at 3.5mh. regardless of the price you buy at or exact final mh they draw significantly less power (70w compared to 1100w). the heat generation is another reason to go for this asic. i dont believe they will become paper weights anytime soon, gridseed are struggling to keep up with orders and scrypt coins will be around for at least 12 months, enough time to collect roi. increasing fixed start up cost only moves roi out by a few weeks.

apart from gridseed there are a number of companies you can google that will release 18-40mh miners in the next 3 months (fibonacci, zeusminer, alpha technology etc..) that will render gpu mining obsolete, exactly the way it did with bitcoin. i would recommend not building any more gpu rigs while those gpus are still worth something and dont become paper weights :)

8. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

As with Bitcoin too. The announcement of the asics, and the actual delivery of the asics was about 18 months difference.

9. dozerz

lets not count butterfly labs ;)

i agree the next generation of scrypt asic are unproven, but suggest in 6 months we will see 18mh miners in the wild. gridseed have already proven it is possible and making daily gains by optimised software.

10. Court Jester

nah alpha is like 6+ months away like most all of the others just like the alpha unit it is still more expensive than the equivalent GPU rigs, I have been following them and alpha in particular for the last 3 months alpha is still in the design phase no way they are getting anything out before October this year.

so again you are incorrect they wont render GPUS useless like the scrypt miners for BTC, the miners for BTC hashed MUCH faster at a MUCH lower price than GPU's all the SCRYPT asic miners cost more per hash than a GPU rig but save on power that you may or may not recover in time.

and I can go out NOW and buy 40mh of GPUS and start start hashing making money today instead of giving it to a company that may or not run off with my money or even deliver my product on time ( remember BUTERFLYLABS)

so completly different to BTC ASIC miners.

you say I have not found them

well please show us a link where I can buy 10 x grid seed units with power supplies and accessories for $2300 USD please do i say you are full of BULLDUST

11. Court Jester

again costs more per MH than GPU's so noting like BTC scrypt miners at the moment and near future

please actually do some research and check your fact as you clearly dont have a clue.

until the cost of these units is lower than GPU's with greater hashing power they wont kill off GPU mining. we wont see this happen for at least 12-18 months if at all

you go preorder a alpha unit and I will have paid my GPU rig off several times over well before you even get the thing in the mail, assuming you even get it at all.

12. dozerz

lol youre a real jester and funny guy? name calling no clue and bulldust? you must be really passionate about those hot gpu rigs heating your home?

i think youve missed the point on asic. faster speeds, lower power and heat generation are all standard improvements and already seen with bitcoin asic. the earliest machines like the jalapeno were not so much faster. you can ignore these facts and keep building gpu rigs, i wont be upset in the slightest :)

i recently bought the gridseeds in a group buy for much cheaper, bitcointalk is full of them including australian group buys. i wont insult your intelligence here just regurgitating google links.

13. dozerz

do your own research, but quoting you here so we can revisit this thread in the future to see where scrypt asic is in 6 months.

asic scrypt is in full swing development, its just a matter of time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiprgb9Yxds&feature=youtu.be

14. Court Jester

and we will again the scrypt miners that have been released / that you can actualy order now are more expensive per hash than GPU's you are an idiot go away and actually learn what ou are talking about the link you linked to is vpor ware at the moment and may never see the light of day and IF it does will be more expensive than the equillvant GPU rig as well.b

15. Court Jester

Like I said you are full of it.

I have been on the bitcontalk fourms seen the group buys and I can guarantee you that they are more than the link I posted above landed like I said above post a link as you are full of sh!t. e.g. $2350USD for the kit then he wants $350USD postage ( from an Aussie buyer) making it more expensive than the link above and WAY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN gpu'S.

I am passionate about complete idiots posting on the internet that clearly dont have a f-ing clue about what they are talking about go away get a clue and then actually talk about it, and when yo are asked for proof of one of your claims skirt around the is entirely.

as for the early bit coin asic miners yes they were as expensive and not much better than GPUS and so are the current scrypt ones my point and they too are now paperweights. My point is the first generation of scrypt miners will become obsolete and you are a raving fing lunatic ( well it proves my point as you said you bought some ) if you pay more for less now and have to wait months fr it to arrive when you can buy GPU's now mine happily paying back the hardware before you even get the first gen scrypt miners and then be ahead of the curve to buy the 2nd gen hardware when it will actually count

you sir are a f-ing idiot. put up (links) or shut up.

16. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

17. dozerz

oh dear, the public education system really has failed you. please explain more how 1200w is cheaper to run than 70w....

18. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

^ Miners decoupling :cool:

19. Court Jester

the upfront hardware cost is significantly cheaper to begin with that how. taking 6+ months at Australian rip off power prices at least to pay back the difference

so I will GPU mine for that time sell the hardware and get a good % of the new cost of the hardware back as it can be used for other purposes and buy 2nd gen ASIC miners when they are available and be ahead of idiots like yourself promoting( who probably have a vested interest in ) this sh!t.

so like I said put up (links ) or shut up where you can buy 10 grid seed miners with accessories delivered for USD $2300

I know who you are talking about (Atari02 ) on the bitcoin talk fourms and when you take his outrageous postage cost into account is more expensive than other suppliers who are also very expensive compared to GPU rigs.

20. silvertorrent

silvertorrent New Member

1200w hashing away at more than 1 Mh/s beats 70w worth of hopes and dreams. :p

I could have made a longer, more thorough, extrapolation why that is true; but I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears c|=\