List of Good Crypto Exchanges?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by 1Tim58, May 10, 2017.

1. 1Tim58

1Tim58 Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm new to crypto, been using Poloniex and to honest I'm fed up with them. The site is buggy and people are losing coins left and right. Just too risky for me... can I get some recommendations for other exchanges that have a good variety of ALT coins? Much appreciated... At this point I don't know where to go :confused:

2. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

CoinJar in my opinion is a reputable company - only Bitcoin though.
    They were based in Australia but now moved to the U.K.

3. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Btc-e

4. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have used Bittrex. They are similar to Poloniex in that they don't do fiat but have a wide range of alt-coin trading pairs. Liquidity is reasonable though you won't find anywhere than can match the Alt-coin liquidity of Poloniex.

There's always a risk with every exchange. Bittrex is very similar and might be no better than Poloniex. I also use Poloniex myself and apart from taking a week or so to lift my withdrawal limit I haven't had any problems with them.

5. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

kilo and 1Tim58 like this.
  6. markc

markc Member

I use BTC Market. It only does Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic but it does Australian payment/withdrawal. It is also quite active.

7. 1Tim58

Thanks. Coinjar looks ok but limited. Have been using BTC market for AUD deposits, converting to BTC and over to Poloniex for the alts. Will have a look into Bittrex and cheers for the link bug.

8. camylopez

camylopez Member Silver Stacker

how are you exactly losing these?
    rather than look for another exchange figure out how to fix whats happening or likely to lose coins everywhere..........or maybe trading is not for you.
    know a lot of ppl using poloniex, but never heard of anyone losing coins cause of bugs (and trust me, i would have heard if that was the case, would be all over reddit as well)

Ipv6Ready likes this.
  9. 1Tim58

Hey CL. I'm thankful it didn't happen to me. It's second hand info posted over the troll box. I understand that is not the best place to get information but it was from multiple sources and also for me over the last couple of days Poloniex has frozen up due to increased traffic. The exchange just seems to big, they can't handle the traffic. This is not good when mid-transaction and everything freezes I can see how others could have lost coins.

10. camylopez

camylopez Member Silver Stacker

hmm, yes it has been freezing up a bit with the traffic, though, you probably also want to be where most the traffic is.
    those lost coins your hearing are likely to be bad trades or margin calls. (freezing up doesnt help with this)

11. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

+1 for Bittrex. Not nearly as much volume but the layout is nice and there is a really good selection. Have not had any issues with them.

I get that poloniex has gone from 7-9k people on busy day to over 40k people but they need to get their stuff together. Last few days has been the same cycle. A coins prices goes parabolic followed by insane lag they claim due to ddos attack. People panic and now associate lag with price dumps, so they dump into Bitcoin. Then bitcoins price starts rising so they chase the Bitcoin price dumping more coins. Then Bitcoin dumps a bit and another alt begin's to rise again then another coin goes parabolic and it starts over again.

When the site freezes everyone panics and dumps everything, it's a mess. Only coins I have lost is due to margin positions like mentioned above. When the site gets laggy you can not close your positions or even log on in that case and your account can get liquidated if it falls too low. The api trading bots can still operate fine so they have no issue taking your money =P

12. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

What do you think of coinspot? Spreads arent great, but seems super convenient (being able to buy multiple currencies, sell them for other currencies or back for AUD).

Also as a side, do you tend to keep your coins in these online wallets or always move them out?