Let the 1oz dragons out!

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by stackeract, Sep 7, 2011.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

just put up the sign "we are sorry for the inconvenience caused .... system under maintenance to serve you better" :p

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

But the Perth Mint bullion site will still be sold out right? If so then its meaningless.. if no-one we can buy off has any supply then its meaningless if they have completed the full 300k mintage or not..

1for1

3. lamp

lamp New Member

Not sure about the bullion, but I called up to asked particularly for the 3-coins set, there is non-available from them and was adviced to get from the dealers.

4. vintec

vintec Member

correct me if i'm wrong. my understanding is that they don't complete all 300k (silver) and 30k (gold) 1oz mintage at one go, perhaps these limited mintage is spread out over a year. this is only the first batch, more to come

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Pretty sure they're cranking out the 300,000 silver as fast as they can - it won't be spread out over a year. They're all pre-sold to distributors anyway, so there's orders to be filled with what's left to be minted.

6. stackeract

stackeract New Member

7. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

8. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Just plain ridiculuos

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just testing the water, if no one buys at $150 they might drop to $125 until they start to get some bites.

10. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

It is circular.

People think the dragons will appreciate -> So nobody sells them -> Therefore dragons appreciate!

11. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

same opinion

12. nicwinner

well, not quit correct, someone selling them for 90 bucks ea, and not too many ppl prefer purchase them(if seperate sell, may goes well)

13. null

null Member

For each one who knows how much to pay for one of these, there would probably be a million who doesn't. I went there the other day, and an older man came in and he just wanted to buy one regardless (he did not have a clue how much it costs). And hence, they can sell them at these prices and they would still move out the door.

14. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

In terms of the 1 oz bullion, As Gp said Previous page.. all Silver 1 oz has been allocated so guys waiting for phase two of Dragons to flood the market are being overly-optimistic..

They just had a lag in shipping em out.. 300 k worldwide your not going to see a huge supply.. when some of the big bullion dealers supply comes on im predicting most will of been pre-sold and wont reach available inventory.. others will be graded and put up at even higher prices than what we are seeing.

Guys saying $70-80 citing recent SS prices need to understand that if they were making there offers available worldwide then $110-130 would be the average. Anyone expecting a FALL in price to "let the Dragons out" much surely be in opposite land cos this just reduces of cognitive dissonance of not selling (as the oppertunity cost of selling our stack has been diminished).

As i have stated.. dont expect price backwardation or a surge in supply.. i suspect will will only see weak hands and short term profit takers to part with these, others knowing the massive demand and teency supply wont part with them period.

1for1

15. nicwinner

prefect logical investment analysis, 1&1, I think 110-130 is a right zone if perth mint not release more to fix demand. 300K is a great number for worldwide collecting, your right, every Aussie lunar collecter need made up 12 pieces, and dragon must inside, this will make 300K becoming rare(not that rare, but rather than other lunars) the only thing I am worried about is if Perth mint, if they release more in this year or next year then every investor who purchase more than 120 bucks ea sucks at all :(

16. Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey Active Member

WTF?

17. nicwinner

Monk ,if you donot want joing in this topic please just go away, WTF for my interpretation is "what the fk"

18. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Mintages for Series II 1oz coins *cannot* be raised over 300,000. It's a legal tender issue approved by the Federal government, they can't just decide to up the mintage. It's declared as a limited mintage.

19. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi Silver_Monk, thanks for another highly insightful comment, i really look forward to your posts and appreciate your unique perspective on silver investment. Since joining you have enriched my life muchly. Im sure i am speaking for everyone when i say that you had a profound effect on our investment outlook and a greater appreciation and understanding of "what is Silver Investment?".

I am always bewilderwed to see such a constantly high standard of post so keep the high standard and dilligence mate.

I tip my hat to you good sir :)

1for1

20. Gigglingpuff

Gigglingpuff Member

Hi nic,

It would be nice if you could put in an effort to double check your spellings/grammar before you post next time, as it is quite hard for people like me to understand completely what you are trying to say. Thanks! :)