Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Barsenault, still waiting........

2. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Barsenault, not keeping us waiting till 2016 are you????

(Annoying as hell eh? :D )

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

3. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Really depends..

How long ago did Andrew/barsenault start taking customer cash for the Panda Goat?

Might be delayed for 5 months now, but perhaps they didn't bring that problem onto their customers?

4. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Have anyone paid up front???

5. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Don't get me wrong, I understand. Otherwise folks wouldn't stand up for you guys, which says a lot. I'm onboard because they back you guys. My comment was just as a new buyer with no previous knowledge. I prefer quality as well and will wait.

6. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Sound like payment have been made and use $$$ as working capital.
    Hope it all goes well........ ;)

Not another Chris D stuffs

7. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Sounds like you have no clue chip. :rolleyes:

Akin to slander, I would watch your words......

8. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jeeez, keep your panties on everyone. Time estimates are difficult, especially when you don't control every component in the supply chain and are too small to have much leverage.

9. picturefun

picturefun Member

I did, paid 8/31, so it is barely 40 days. Nowadays, pre-order/prepaid 2-3 months ahead is Normal. worst like those ugly skull coins could be 4+ months, luckily I NEVER buy them.

10. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I'll be sure to remember to use those lines when dealers send me some coins & bars upfront & start asking me for their money afterwards..

11. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

:rolleyes:

12. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:

13. scott

scott New Member

Seems to me delays are somewhat the norm in this game, especially with a new and such unique coin with unique and well designed packaging.
    Anyone questioning the competence and/or integrity of Choice Mint is greatly mistaken.

14. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

I'm glad my post has triggered a flurry of posts because that was my intent. But I'm not buying a one month delay on boxes. Are these coins being minted right now as we speak with pre-order cash? 1500 coins @ $200 is $300k. Are are the pre-orders bought up? You can only put 5 in your cart on the Choice Bullion website. Are only 5 left? Is end of October a realistic date? I just have more questions than I have answers.

I pre-ordered a goat from Barsenault and he didn't take funds up front so there's really no comparison between this and chinesemedals. Just saying.

15. scott

scott New Member

I find your first post ignorant, classless, misguided, and unnecessary.

16. db23

db23 Member

The coins are minted. The boxes are a fully customized box being made for us in China. Many factories, including the one making our boxes, have been closed the past week for a Chinese holiday. Once they finish them up, they'll take about 7-10 days to arrive at our office here in the US. Then it will take us 2-3 days to get everything boxed up and sent out to distributors. Every small thing adds up.

Our last coins we had available for pre-order were purchased today, we won't be offering anymore for sale until they are in stock and likely at a higher price (the lower prices are a big part of the benefit to pre-ordering). We don't have a lot left, but there are other very good dealers that still have some stock.

http://www.worldclasscoin.com/2015-...-of-asgard-odin-coin-preorder-tokelau-10.html
    http://www.powercoin.it/en/oceania-...-relief-3-oz-silver-coin-10-tokelau-2016.html
    http://www.bullionstop.com/2016-legend-of-asgard-odin-ruler-of-the-aesir-3-oz-silver-coin-tokelau/
    http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/detail/odinhrsco3/
    http://www.thecoinshoppe.ca/2016-3-...nds-of-asgard-series-odin-ruler-of-the-aesir/

17. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

Everyone on the internet has the power to type any old thing they want. Along with that power and freedom it would be nice to exercise some responsibility. Accusations with no basis to support them are irresponsible to say the least.

My comments supporting them do have a basis. My basis is on many deals...some of which were large in nature and some of which were just one coin. A basis of dealing with Choice Bullion on many occasions positively. A basis of dealing with the owners of Choice Bullion before they were Choice Bullion and instead just a couple guys chatting and trading on a forum like most of us. Some times they were just nice things or advice that had no financial aspect. So now they have a new venture...Choice Mint. My assumption is they will continue to be the same stand up guys they have been over these years on the message boards. I share these experiences with the board so it may benefit from my experience as I know many of you have not dealt with the Choice people very much. You can draw your own conclusions from there.

18. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I totally agreed. Choice is good company. I buy the libertad 7 coin set from 2014 till current. I am happy even need to wait for very long.

Pre-order is not easy and many uncertain factors. This coin is max relief plus 3oz at very good price. nothing can be wrong.

19. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

Yep. $550 AUD for two coins to Perth Bullion... Still haven't been informed by them about any delays.

I'm not feeling horrifically put out by the delay, but I do kind of agree with some of the complaints about lack of communication or poor communication. It's annoying getting told on Sept. 27th that there's going to be a slight delay and then finding out a few days or a week later that slight = a month or so. From what I've seen since then, it sounds like it was fairly clear to the manufaturers a few weeks back that they were looking at a several week delay on shipping the coins. Why not just state upfront and possibly even a few days earlier than they did that we are looking at a XX to YY week delay in shipping the coins because of issues with the boxes. We will provide a more precise estimate of the revised shipping date once we have more details from our manufacturer. In my fantasy world, they could also throw in a $10 or $20 rebate offer on your next coin purchase with them as a gesture of good will.

On the other hand, complaining about delayed delivery on a random message board every few days is probably unproductive and isn't going to make the coin show up any faster.

20. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL, where my fish????

At this moment the mints yet to really has mood to update me. My contact just get a new born baby (son) during this long holiday.

They inform me before holiday that the panda goat gold will be out end Oct. I rather say mid November.

The monkey panda is mid Nov I rather say end Nov or early December. Hope everyone can get it before Christmas. :p

I still chasing them for the photo of the mould of monkey panda. I am also eager to see it.

I want my gold goat gold goat.

It planned mintage is 19 BUT mints 10-11 only. left 2 to 3 yet to take order. I hope they will not mints the balance since I am not pushing to sell anymore. I hope it will be rare for this case.

I even think of take over the balance 2 from mints. However too many under pricing auction of gold and platinum panda in ebay which eat up my cash. Otherwise no question ask I will at least buy another pieces. so I keep 3, 2 for grading 1 omp for future sell.