Kilo Proof Snake

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by badhop55, Sep 14, 2012.

1. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

Looked at the PM site today and saw that these are still available (shows 23). Seems as though last year's Dragon was gone much much quicker. The Dragon rules?

2. SeeD

SeeD New Member

Is that even a question? :D

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Ox was available for many years and then went un-available; we thought that was it but then Perth added more Proof Ox which from memory they sold out last year???

Perhaps using the figures (21 - now) on the collector site as a guide is more appropriate because, they may have additional stock tucked away.

badhop55, The Dragon Rules, that's for sure and, I hope you got one last year, I didn't, they went in minutes. :cool:

As a side note:

I'm surprised the 5oz proof dragon is so widely available, since it's the first ever 5oz proof lunar coin in the series.
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...year-of-the-dragon-5oz-silver-proof-coin.aspx

H

4. Arsenal

Arsenal New Member

Dragon Rules? sure does mate :p In Chinese Lunar (I'm not just talking coins) the Dragon is King....

5. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

I was able to pick up a kilo proof Dragon last year though I had to go to the secondary market. Paid $2375 US which didn't seem too bad all things considered. It's securely tucked away for a long slumber. No hurry to sell.

I'm also surprised concerning the 5oz Proof Dragon for the same reasons you stated.

6. Holdfast

Well done badhop55, that's a very good price ;)

Those coins are getting very good prices on the Bay; they're still asking $3,500 - over $4,000.

I think, during the dragon hype last year, they were going for over USD 4,500.

Certainly a very nice coin to have. :)

H

7. selfcentered

selfcentered New Member

I'm not surprised with the 5oz dragon proof, I could see the writing on the wall from miles away and stayed well clear. They are priced at around $360 - $380 from overseas and I think the PM retail was about $485?

No thanks.

8. Holdfast

Similar results with the 5oz Proof Koala.

The 2011 was a hot coin, (Sold Out) then as the spot price of silver got smashed so did the price for the Koala on the secondary market. Can still pick them up occasionally for about 480 - 575 AUD.

The 2012 Proof Koala was also priced the same as the Proof Dragon. They were $495 AUD but Perth reduced the price to $480 AUD :rolleyes:

Koala
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/australian-koala-2012-5oz-silver-proof-coin.aspx

Dragon
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...year-of-the-dragon-5oz-silver-proof-coin.aspx

I still think the 5oz Dragon is a great coin but yeah, you can pick them up much cheaper eleswhere.

Personally, I love 5oz coins they're very nice but the bullion 5's are nothing to be sneezed at.

H

9. selfcentered

selfcentered New Member

I agree, I saw one at one of my post offices. I could never justify one over 5 snake 1oz proofs though.

10. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

Kilo Proof Snake still available at Perth Mint.

Hmmm. The Snake would appear to be snoozin'.