Keeping cash on hand.

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Topherclaus, Feb 11, 2016.

1. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Well that all makes even MORE sense. So the "sensible" economies are either in or verging on uncharted negative interest rates, while others are offering "top" returns of 14% while they devalue their currency faster than a tourist in India evacuating their bowels.

Sounds like a pretty shithouse scenario. Pardon the pun. I got into the whole PMs thing because at the time, what I perceived that the only other viable option (housing..go figure) wasn't right for me as I didn't have a stable income (was at uni) and I didn't have a huge deposit to sink into it. That would have also screwed up my relationship had I of done that because it would have set me into one area and I wouldn't have been able to reeducate and get a better long term job.. So glad I didn't do that!

So inevitably for me, I swapped my currency to metal and joined all you crazies ;) While pretty shunned by most of Aussies, it makes more long term sense for me without copious amount of money to flip that turns around more than $10 a flip. The main lesson--- treat your job and workplace relations as you would your metal stack because it's just as valuable.

2. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Nor really, it's just two ends of the bell curve.
    Australia and many other aren't that close to zero interest rates.