Just starting to stack

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Tabbitt, May 25, 2012.

1. Tabbitt

Tabbitt New Member

Hi, I am new to the silver stacking game, and not sure where to go with this, I purchased American Silver Eagles from Goldsilver. Com in Janurary, to have it kept at their Salt Lake City vault, I contacted them in April as I was considering moving the silver to Aus. They then informed me that it had not arrived at the vault after 4 months, very slow stage coach or some bandidos got it, and were going to make an insurance claim with UPS I am still waiting on that claim after 4 weeks!
    What I want to know is, is it worth, when and if they pay up, bringing the silver to Aus are there Government taxes involved plus shipping? I must admit that I don't have much confidence in their shipping service, or am I better to sell it up and repurchase it here, I bought in at $34 so a loss wil be incurred plus their selling costs?
    And where is a good place in Melbourne to purchase Silver coins, are American Silver Eagle silver dollar coins good to purchase here?
    Regards Tabbitt.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome!

ASEs shouldn't incur any tax as they are pure bullion.

If Goldsilver.com lost some of its silver on its way to its own vaults then that is their problem, see if you can get your money back, that way you shouldn't lose out because of the change in spot price. You have never taken posession of it. Did you pay by credit card? Maybe they can help.

Anyway ASEs are not hard to come by in Australia and they aren't the only ones worth getting.

3. Tabbitt

Tabbitt New Member

Thank you, is there something better to buy here than ASE's? And do you know about buying in Melbourne?
    Cheers Tabbitt

4. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker