just ordered some 1/10 oz from silber corner de

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by centenario, Feb 12, 2015.

1. centenario

centenario New Member

Hi guys been out of the PM game for some time for financial reasons...
    Was going to order silver coins but decided to go for some gold since it's VAT free.
    Anyone have experience with www.silber-corner.de ??
    It's my first time ordering from them and I'm a bit stressed out because their website and emails are only in german and for some coins they say a week and for another 10 days! it was extremely uncomfortable ordering from them but there aren't many other options to buy in europe in euros. most german dealers don't bother having an english website...

I ordered all 1/10 oz: Australian kangaroo 2015, Mexican libertad 2014 (my number one favorite coin too bad i couldn't get a centenario 1 oz) and Chinese Panda 2015. Any comments on the dealer and the coins are more than welcome I'm specially stressed out about the dealer! Buying should be a nice experience and not a nightmare.... I envy people that can buy from places like APMEX im so jealous

2. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I've used them a few times, they don't rush to send your coins and postage is expensive,but other than that I've had no problems with them, coins always top notch.

Another German dealer is https://en.emk.com/home , now they are what service should be all about. coins well priced as are silber corner, but sensible postage rates and lightening dispatch & delivery

3. centenario

centenario New Member

Thanks a lot mate! Good to know they at least send the coins!
    I'm gonna have a look at your link, these german dealers have the most horrible customer service experience one could ever imagine!!!!

I wish we had something at least similar to APMEX!!!!

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have used them as well.

Other than everything being in German and having to do an international bank transfer there were no issues.

5. centenario

centenario New Member

They are a bit expensive, I paid by paypal but i had to pay an extra percentage on it, it was like 12 euros plus 31 euros shipping, I used paypal because its fast and also because it apparently offers buyers protection.

6. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

Which coins do you need? i checked sc but they are expensiver then the cheapest in germany :)

7. centenario

centenario New Member

Why you ask, you can supply coins? where are you from?
    I'm interested in all types of coins that are priced close to spot...

8. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

no i am not a dealer but i also like to buy at spot :cool:

9. centenario

centenario New Member

I don't mind paying a bit of a premium for certain coins but nothing too crazy you know... I wouldn't go all crazy and pay huge premiums for a golden dragon and such...

Back to the point on silver corner: I have received an email with the tracking but i'm disappointed because they tricked me with the shipping, they said DHL and to my surprise, after paying 30 euros for shipping which is a lot, one would expect a premium service like they make you believe... Well i find out that DHL is also a regular mail or post and they have delivered to my country only to have my regular postal company deliver the package along with regular mail. I was expecting an express dHL delivery van deliver the goods which i havent received yet but i'm already very let down by silver corner.
    Any thoughts on the issue?

10. toblov

toblov New Member

In sweden our regular postal company takes over from dhl, but they still deliver it to the door.

11. centenario

centenario New Member

yeah it's the same here in Spain but if i knew that i wouldn't have ordered from them. They charge you a premium service and then you are stuck with regular post which can be a really annoying at least in spain it sucks big time nothing like fedex and such for me no more bullshit DHL

12. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I'm not defending silber corner but DHL is part of Deutsche Post and they will have a contract with your National Post Service, in the UK we also get delivery by Royal Mail not DHL.

13. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

what i know, the big postage covers the insurance. its almost cheaper to go to germany and pick it up personally:) i did that last week but i also combined it with a 1 days holiday.:cool: