JP Morgan and mining companies

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by bellinvest, Apr 11, 2011.

1. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

I was doing some research into a few mining companies for a university assignment and i came out with knowledge that JP Morgan owns large portions of BHP, Rio and the like.

They are also buying into smaller silver mining companies such as this one https://www.macquarie.com.au/edge/article/COMPANY/AYN/a6d17c9fb5dbd210VgnVCM100000c502890aRCRD/

I think its just a crock of sh*t that the can get worthless paper under the table from the fed then use it to buy up whatever they want! including Australian owned mines! using worthless paper bark to buy Australian assets is a joke.

It also proved they are getting more desperate to source the physical silver :p

Not a bad idea for them, if they cant get the physical then buy silver mines all over the world to meet some kind of physical demand.

2. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Isn't JP Morgan Nominees just a custodian, ie the shares are held on behalf of another party. For eg. in the superfund I'm in if I bought shares directly, then these shares are registered under JP Morgan Nominees. Other parties could also be overseas entities.

3. Auagau

Auagau Active Member

They are just hedging against their shorts, that shouldn't be that surprising.

4. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

Or are their shorts hedging the investments in mining companies?

5. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

The house always wins

The silver play is only a matter of being the last sheep to the slaughter