Jordan Peterson. New film on the way.

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by JulieW, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This clip is an interesting dissection of the issues that Professor Peterson raises and the determination of his detractors to deny his ideas any platform.

These filmmakers started in 2015, before Peterson became a household name, and I hope will cover the uproar that his ideas have stirred up.

I wonder if their film will get a showing in Oz.

2. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cancelled cos the staff, who hasn't seen the film were uncomfortable with Peterson and the content.

[​IMG]

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very apt image Oddjob.

What annoys me most is these suppressors of free speech don't appear to understand that free speech doesn't magically pop up when you need it. If you don't keep it alive for everyone then eventually it's available for no-one.

And by the way:

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum—even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.
    - Noam Chomsky​

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Davros10 likes this.