I've had enough !

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lurkalot, Nov 17, 2011.

1. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

If your chart is so good, tell us when it will stop, and help the community so that we can buy the silver at the lowest price during this drop. If you can do so and are correct, I'll buy a clownfish off you.

Otherwise, you boasting about your 'oracle' skill when you 'successfully predicted' the call just make you sound like a big dipstick..

2. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Alex, I've provided much analysis, including where I believe it will stop short term. Go have a read of past posts.

As for 'boasting' - the only reason I said I got it correct was because someone incorrectly stated the opposite.

One day I will make an incorrect call, and I'm sure I'll have 100 perma-bulls tell me about it.

Until then, enjoy the drop.

3. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Calm down - Short term movements in POS mean little - the general trend is UP on a medium & long view and it will continue to be so.

Do you remember only a couple of months ago on one raid when the price touched $28? Who WASN'T buying then???

Same old same old - buy on the dips. You know it makes sense.

;)x

4. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I appreciate all inputs and it all goes into the decision making process, I cannot understand the animosity, "right wrong or indifferent" the sharing of information is what SS is all about. I for one would appreciate a dip as every dip is a buying opportunity for physical stackers and this in turn reduces supply meaning the end game is that much closer

5. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Up down up down, it's all short term noise.
    We can see the crunch that is coming and the printing hilarity that will ensue.

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Anyone else just see that dip on the charts?

7. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

The longer it stays down, the more you can buy, and the bigger your mansion will be as this all unfolds... :D

8. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Well I never thought I'd see the day but I agree VRS! :lol:

9. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I was thinking.. (and I might get shut down by the permabulls), every dip is a buying opportunity, sure, I get that, dollar cost average comes down, meaning that if silver does rise you're going to be ahead by more. But every time silver drops, are you not just adding more risk to your investment?

All the time it drops, it has to rebound that extra amount for you to break even. You add risk by requiring the spot price to get higher and higher to turn a profit. And if it doesn't turn around and bounce up like people expect, you're holding something that's making you less than what you could in a bank account with a 6% interest rate.

Sure, the whole idea of stacking is for the long term and in case markets go belly up. But I guess that's the bet you're essentially placing when buying silver, that the world will fall into an economic meltdown. How good that bet is, is obviously your own determination.

10. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

You just answered your own question.
    How well do you think the governments of the world are going to act to solve the situation?
    The fact is that the world is insolvent.
    Once you're insolvent, there are no choices except two - you either pay it back or you don't. There's nothing else.
    The world can't pay back its debt but we are all in denial to the obvious.
    And they will print money out of then air to delay the day when the bankruptcy has to be admitted to.
    I would only want to be holding onto commodities when that time comes.

So look, it's nothing new to anyone on this board. We all know about the can being kicked.
    The only REAL question is the WHEN.
    And after we know the WHEN, the other question will be HOW the governments are going to react to the collapse (for example, controls on gold, debt jubilee etc etc).

"When" and then "How" is all that matters on the facts.
    If silver drops $15 here or rises $10 there in the meantime, this will just be a minor distraction from the actual crisis we are facing.

11. bungo

bungo Member

Forget the charts and drops, I want to hear more about Lurkalots's serving wenches! ;)

12. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

Interesting that PMs are touted as security in times of uncertainly, and yet, here we see uncertainty in the comments of those holding PMs.

Yeah, the market will go up and down for all sorts of reasons, not all of them about manipulation actually, and this year's drops stand in stark contrast to last year's gains. I know "bubble" can be a dirty word sometimes, but honestly, we did experience a small one early this year.

But all this "ha-ha, told you so" stuff that goes across the traders/holders trench, it proves nothing. If you can accurately pick the tops and bottoms and trade on it, great. That's what you do. Personally I can think of better commodities to trade if you're into volatility, but to each their own. But that's not for everyone. Some may not hold sufficient ounces to make such dedication worthwhile. If I hold less than say, half a contract's worth of physical, I'm sure that I can earn more by putting the time and effort into other things, rather than trying to trade on that quantity even with the current market noise.

But at the end of the day, we know that no matter whether short term or long term, ultimately it's still a speculation.

13. wilkes

wilkes Member

My understanding of the term 'Bubble' refers to an overvalued commodity. Do you come here, study Gold and Silver and honestly believe that $50 silver was in a Bubble? If so, you had better sell your stack as soon as possible to avoid the next bubble popping!!

EDIT: What we are seeing in these drops (not popped bubbles..) is buying and selling on huge scale. A lot of it is due to manipulation IMO.

14. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I never doubted for a moment that you were a man of great taste Butch ;) - In the meantime one thing that concerns me and we've touched on this before - is are the main dealers with whom we spend much of our moolah going to honor the price falls or simply hold on to their stock?

If you recall, when the POS dipped to $28 recently there was a flurry of activity, many of us bought, and then there was no supply - and in other cases the lag on the price after the drop didn't kick-in until a couple of days later because the dealers were filling orders at higher prices which they'd taken in the preceding two weeks...

Whilst I'd always maintain buying dips is the sensible thing to do, as this unfolds & printing presses get ready to roll, maybe the main dealers will simply hold-off on sales until the price improves (which I've no doubt it will).

Also I presume everyone's seen the huge amounts of physical moving around recently? A million oz here, 750,000oz there, HSBC in London doing the same thing... it's feeling a bit like a set-up, when the big banks actually corral as much phys metal as possible - and that's also in the knowledge that JP Morgan Chase have been buying massive amounts of platinum & copper - mind-bogglingly VAST amounts - recently...

;)x

15. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

I find it ironic that the big banks are now actually stacking physical while Celente is still playing with paper. What has the world come to?

16. wilkes

wilkes Member

Celente is definately NOT playing with paper anymore! He recently said he is taking physical delivery of everything he invests. He was also only dealing with paper whilst building his positions in order to take physical delivery (which was due december), the intent was never to leave it as paper.

17. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

There is simply no relationship with the fraudulent spot price and the fundamentals for holding and investing in precious metals.

If dealers follow the spot price down, they will be cleaned out by the observant and aware investors out there. Central Banks have increased their buying, Sovereign states are buying, the US/Israeli fruit cakes are getting ready to bomb Iran, Italy is imploding and has been taken over by unelected fascist bankers, news that China is all but bankrupt is increasing in frequency, US Housing stats are getting even worse, MF Global has blown up, the CFTC is about to impose position limits . . .

. . . since the last drop to $28!

Trading PMs under these circumstances is evidence of an irrational belief in the stability of the financial system and its fiat currencies, imo. Encouraging others to sell their PMs under these circumstances is . . . provides a great opportunity to exercise one's discernment, thanks!

18. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah me to!

19. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

I thought at the time I should search for another term rather than "bubble", because of exactly that sort of implication. I'll rephrase... I do feel that silver is undervalued from an historical point of view, and certainly $50 is still quite below what it would be at if it had not taken on an industrial role over the last 70 years. But realistically, it has, and so it's value must also be influenced by the economy surrounding its industrial use. So let me put it another way. The rise to $50 occurred with unsustainable pace. The industries that use the metal could not absorb such a rising material cost so rapidly.
    So it begs the question - if silver were replaced and no longer required industrially, would that harm or assist the price of physical?

20. Lav

Lav New Member

It would harm it because people would just stick with gold in my opinion, maybe in the long long term it may grow a base of investment but I think it would harm it overall. I think the industrial side of silver actually helps it, it's just the paper market that is keeping it down.