IT BEGINS !!

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverSale, Dec 22, 2019.

1. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

just buy bitcoin.

2. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'Hello all crypto peoples.
    Ive got a small amount of money that I'd like to try out investing/trading in crypto.
    Any recommendations?'

The thing is the 'getting in,' the place where you can use old-fashioned money to buy (any) crypto. The crypto is prolly Bitcoin. Maybe Ethereum. Maybe a number of others.

And that is as far as your investing might go: to secure and hold that Bitcoin (and likely cash out at the same place that you bought in).

But trading is a different critter. You will need to analyse cryptos; set up wallets for any you choose to buy a few of; learn the ropes of exchange security; and the actual business of trading. Keep popping back in here.

3. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

4. OZZIE_STACKER

OZZIE_STACKER New Member

Bitcoin is probably your safest bet. If you want to spread your bets a bit I would probably go with maybe 50/50 Bitcoin and Ethereum

heartastack likes this.
  5. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Early entry trading in all likelihood will eventuate in having your face ripped off.
    Your competing against Bots & whales and timing swings is hazardous.
    Dollar cost averaging in OZZIE_STACKER'S picks above is excellent advice & safer in a space that has a lot of Shit coins
    Defi & Gaming are large growth areas.
    There are analysts out there that do most of the hard work and feret out any new News as well as analyse new and existing Cryptocurrencies.
    It can be overwhelming at first but you cant go too wrong investing in the 2 big boys pointed out by OZZIE_STACKER.
    And beware, in this space everyone's an expert and regularly swing their dicks for comparison~Myself included, its human nature.
    RB

6. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SPX trading at new all time high... how many mansions worth of capital has SilverSale lost in this trade? :D
    I hope this position is using an instrument which limits your risk to further upside SilverSale.
    This is why trading with some vague guesses based on chart lines and no stops / discipline makes for bad decisions. Right @wrcmad? ;)

wrcmad likes this.
  7. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

T/A is NOT trading with some vague guesses based on chart lines! :mad: That is a fail to you BB :p.
    However, no stops / discipline makes for bad decisions. Absolutely imperative or you are a loser before you even begin! +1 for you @Bullion Baron. ;)

Bullion Baron likes this.
  8. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with that synopsis.

But a lot of vague guesses based on chart lines get posted to social media (including on SS). They are not T/A (at least not in any meaningful sense ;)).

Kind of like putting a bet on the horses and calling it investing :D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    wrcmad likes this.
  9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Which it is. As long as you are prepared to put some time and effort into it and keep accurate records.

wrcmad likes this.
  10. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Volatility

11. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'There are analysts out there that do most of the hard work and feret out any new News as well as analyse new and existing Cryptocurrencies.
    It can be overwhelming at first . . . '

The Completely Other Model is to learn to pick established cryptos with nice 'plateau-ed' prices. The 'bottom side' is where community members say, 'Yeh, I'll buy a swag at this price because I'm sure enough that the price will pip up in a month or three or five.' You chart the prices for a coupla months. Establish what the 'undulation' is. Buy some 'on the bottom side.' Put 'em straight up to sell on the high side. Rinse and repeat.

This model works really well, but gets no attention because you can't shill it.

What? an example? Well, 42-coin. But heck, don't believe me. Check the charts. Another one? GRS. Or PPC

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  12. MyrtleL

MyrtleL New Member

Where and how? I am just a newcomer in the topic and I am looking for anything useful to get a good profit from BTC and cryptocurrency overall. Anyway, I have found so many variants to trade and programs promising the best variants to get profit. May be any checked methods are available or guides working always?
    [​IMG]