Is Silver screwed?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bsylvest, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I just wanted to highlight this line from Auspm

B-I-N-G-O.

Absolutely nailed in one line what I believe is going on. The silver market is rigged more than a 17 mast schooner, and the intent behind it is to derail the hopes of many who know about it, and discourage people from holding.

(welcome back Auspm, mate! Glad to see you here & posting again, missed ya!).

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

a few definitions of money

* Medium of exchange
    * Measure of value
    * Store of value

Well, the fiat money does a lousy job at storing value.

Look at the world nowadays ?

Everything is subsidized and relies on Central Banks 'managing' the economies.
    They teach us that in order to grow wealth we should go into debt ?!

The people of the world have been fooled and bamboozled into this wrong, fraudulent idealogy.

The bankers dont give a .... about your or mine or anyone elses wealth.
    They only care about themselves.

You buy land ... the banker creates the equivalent in value in FIAT
    you buy a car ... the banker creates the equivalent in value in FIAT
    you buy a TV ... the banker creates the equivalent in value in FIAT

whatever is bought on credit, gets created ALSO on some banks balance sheet.

and all along its 5-10% interest pa.

they print while the cattle buys and thinks it will last forever.

With gold and silver its different, they cant print it, they have to dig it out of the ground.

Your grandfather used gold and silver, and my grandfather used gold and silver ( and he lived on the other side of the planet )

Money with no intrinsic value is one of the biggest scams perpetrated on mankind in its history.
    They have done this on purpose and now are calling the shots.
    and they have planned this and stuck to their plans since the creation of the Bank of England.

and governments all over the world must submit, or chaos will be created within a few hours and their
    economies will be decimated and revolutions will result within a few days.

We live in a world where the banking system is too big to fail.
    and we see governments failing around us - they have been outdone.

the bankers knifed them in the back.

and lastly, if you cant sleep or worry too much, than sell the silver and sleep well.

As simple as that.

Good luck.

3. Troy oz

Troy oz New Member

Bsylvest, The simplest and most compelling case for being in silver is it's absurdly rare and the physical availability is tight. 735,000,000 ounces mined a year approx. thats 30 oz for each of the 25 million Australians. That's it. Total production for one year. Its a wonder we can buy any at all.

4. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

I think the worst thing you could do is pan this forum and decide to hold or sell.
    I couldn't have timed the bulk of my accumulation any worse (high 30's). I went through the same panic your going through now which forced me to research deeper into this investment.
    What was your time frame or goal for silver investing? I dont think you should expect anything in the first couple of months.
    The period we are entering into now I think it will be hard to find any asset class that gains substantially. However the best thing you can do if you have doubt in currency is own debt free, hard assets. If I had enough money to buy a house debt free I would. But I have nowhere near that amount of money so pm's are a smart move.

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

My confidence comes from the lack of confidence in everything else.

6. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

We can be so overwhelmingly confident in higher future silver prices because we are on a metals forum (read "fan club") website and so naturally we are pro metals - we cant deny that)

7. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

+1

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

BINGO! I cant believe it got to 37 posts before the gem came out.

9. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

Silver will rise. All other investment choices are dying. Currencies such as the USD/EURO/YEN will eventually perish, cash itself will return gains that are lower than inflation, and real estate is failing. Where will people put their money? The last place available - precious metals.

10. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

Don't invest what you can't lose, especially in something volatile like silver.

If you can afford to lose 50%, then put the other 50% in cash. If you can't afford to lose 80% at this point, then put 80% in cash.

Don't listen to the hyperinflation bs that gets sprouted around, when it happens you will know about it, and you will have enough time to move it in to another asset.

Those who shun cash are robbing themselves of an extremely stable non volatile safe haven at the moment.

11. silvertongue

silvertongue Member Silver Stacker

There are lots of financial arguments one way or another. My reason for stacking physical is less to do with financial considerations (although as many of you know I love trading the stuff - that makes an interesting hobby), and certainly not for the short term financially. My reasons are more along these lines. One commodity that is becoming less abundant globally is the one thing we absolutely require - fresh water. I'd encourage anyone to do their own research on the increase in coliform counts in water globally since the end of WW2. If this were not so, then we'd hardly have a case for the price of this basic essential commodity to continue to rise decade after decade. The fact is, fresh water reserves are running lower and lower everywhere. Cost of treatment continues to rise at a staggering rate owing to increasing demand and somewhat antiquated treatment methodology. Chemical methods of bacterial control are expensive, and production of the chemicals isn't very environmentally friendly in its own right. The use of reverse osmosis on a large scale can only raise the cost of producing safe water to unheard of prices, and even if it were true years ago that rainwater in tanks was suitable for drinking, I invite anyone to get the water in their tanks tested at a NATA lab and see if they still think so. I'm doing R&D for a number of interested parties currently in water sterilisation for various applications. That research has led me to become very interested in personally owning the physical. The Alcheteq Process I'm involved in uses differing materials and technologies for differing applications, but there are a number of core processes that it must employ. One of them requires silver, and the silver is consumed in the process. In short, I see the demand for water in the future will require the implementation of this process, and then the industrial demand for it conceivably could surpass whatever we used to use for photography.
    In a SHTF scenario I won't be trading it, I'll be using it. :D

12. EJAM5

EJAM5 Active Member

A very interesting thread. I played out the 'SHTF' scenario in my head on the different bullish/bearish views mentioned.
    From a bullish perspective, after the 'shock & awe', will most go "all-in" and buy-up big? Assuming Silver is back down to the low teens. I think it will take time for people to digest before buying big...
    From a bearish view, which will be the best way to sell, (and sell out fast @ a locked in price)? Via local bullion dealer (if they're still in business)? F2F with an SS member? Other?

Funnily enough, for each of the scenarios I came to a common conclusion - Australia Post will make a killing on all their platinum products! hehehe (Maybe I'll start 'stacking' some of those JIC)

13. dross

dross Active Member

In GFC1 the out put of computers, mobile phones & solar panels continued to increase & not just by a little but continued on the same explosive curve upwards & its still on the same track today. This tells me that unless the world as a whole in plunged into the dark ages the industrial demand will still be strong.

Now look at where most of the silver comes from or as a result off other metals mining & silver is simply one of the by products not the main concern of the those copper, lead, zinc, nickle mining operations. Most if not all the industrial metals have dropped also However looking at their current stock piles they have vast amounts of metals stockpiled. So if you were mining copper say & the prices drop big time while your holding a huge stockpile what are the chances you'd not scale back production which in turn would as a result also reduce the by products like silver.

This is just one reason i feel safer holding silver than say my super after seeing it loose about 40% of its value. i work with people who were due to retire were they supposed to live 40% less of a life style than planned, somehow work 40% longer then expected or die 40% sooner. the Govt just stepped back & allowed the train to run over us collectively. I don't like, trust or rely on super but another good example of what not doing something different to the norm can happen. At the end of the day you need to find what makes you feel content with & what ever it is as long as your not sitting on your rump complaining after the fact about it, no one here is going to cut you down or think ill of you & if they do, stuff them its your life.

14. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

People who are due to retire should be 60-70% fixed interest and cash.. not 100% shares. That means they should have only lost 10-15%, not the full 40% drop. If they lost 40%, then that's their fault not the governments. In fact, the govt saved the bacons of thousands of baby boomers by keeping the property market afloat - the smart ones would have sold out by now, the prop up is a second chance that won't come again.

15. BBQ

BBQ Member

Maybe, but if you don't trust banks like I do, the only safe cash is the one in your hands.

16. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

$1mil guarantee until Feb by the gov. $250k permanent guarantee by the gov thereafter. It's as safe as it gets.

Anyway my apologies, I seem to have derailed this thread - so I will sign out until it returns to the OP's discussion.

17. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Dude, u just announced to everyone u sleep with cash under ur pillow.

18. BBQ

BBQ Member

Government guarantees are paid for by us when they fail :)
    The less third-parties between us and our savings, the better.

19. BBQ

BBQ Member

LOL. I wish.
    Some cash is always good to have. I never really get these people that constantly withdraw cash from the banks, though. To me it's less convenient doing that than having some available with you all the time to get by doing the daily things.

20. EJAM5

EJAM5 Active Member

Why only til February? Do they know something the masses don't? Although you deposit 'your' money into a bank, it's 'theirs' until you want it taken out...