is it too late to invest in silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by investor555, Apr 11, 2011.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No problem with his making a living but when you're selling ideas alone then you might be tempted to gild the lily if there's an extra dollar in it for you.

2. bgtrader

bgtrader New Member

Wish I had started in 2009 when I originally looked into PM. The wife and the fiancial advisor convinced me shares were the way to go. No time like the present. By a few ounces now and if the price drops then future purchases will feel like bargains :)

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I had the same thoughts back when I got into PMs.
    My faith in the world economy has never been good, and getting into PMs seemed like a great exit strategy (especially to get out of USD).

I figured at worst, I can leave PMs for my kids if I ever have them. Maybe in their life-times it will be more useful.
    I also stack gold for some extra comfort.

I think the POS will keep rising while the QE music keeps playing.
    Once GFC2 happens I'd expect a drop, and will be prepared to buy the massive dip.
    TPTB may aim to create cycles out of this, running the show from China next time, and causing a GFC3 for cheap buyouts.

So taking that into account, I don't think you've missed out and think of the next GFC for timing.
    DYOR etc..

4. SilverBrumby

SilverBrumby Member Silver Stacker

its good to get a short answer

5. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

Hell no, buy it up, $40 per oz is just the beginning!

6. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

lindsey williams does sell those dvds, but then i heard him say feel free to copy and distribute those dvd's in one of his interviews...

imho silver is not a buy right now. it's still cheap, but overdue for a pullback. maybe if you have none you could buy a small amount, but look to invest the bulk on a pullback, not after it's gone straight from $22 to $40.

imo worst case scenario for buyers, it runs to $50 then has a massive sell off back to anywhere between $26.50-$40.

but i could be wrong, who knows...

7. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

people use to ask me is too late when it approaching 20 bucks.(i was talking up metal v's fiat when it was 11 bucks)....a good mate wanted to buy then... when it was 28 he thought it was already to high....funny concidering he was just sitting on the fence....got to 30 and he was worried it would go down after he bought it...its now almost 40 and he still hasnt bought any///

8. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

a good mate wanted to buy then... when it was 28 he thought it was already to high....funny concidering he was just sitting on the fence....got to 30 and he was worried it would go down after he bought it...its now almost 40 and he still hasnt bought any

So we should all buy Silver until your mate decides it is a good idea...when he does this, we will know it is time to sell....lol:)

9. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

Sorry DSK.... I stuffed up the quote...

10. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buying the dips is a good theory but falls into the 'buy low, sell high' mentality...usually best identified in the rearview mirror ;)
    Cost averaging will net you the best benefit, if it falls and you buy more your unit costs drops.
    This is a commodity that is still 20+% below it's 1980 high (not even taking inflation into account, which you really need to do :D )
    It's STILL not recognised by the mainstream as a legitimate investment DESPITE it recent stellar run! (and neither, by the way, is gold...with such a small % of investment $ allaocated to it by the big players)
    This is a unique opportunity to turn coloured paper with dead people on it, or electronic 1s and 0s, into real, tangible MONEY...IMHO

11. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

Heck, I was interested in Australian Gold Nugget 1oz coins in 1987 when they were $300 or so, but I was a 13yr old girl, obviously with no money. It breaks my former 13yr old heart to see the same ones on eBay for $2500! Time and tides wait for no man (woman, or little girl).