Is anybody still waiting for sub $30?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stedlar, May 24, 2011.

1. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My short term silver strategy is similar to his. I'd expect the Fed to try QE2.1, QE2.21 until nobody's fooled anymore.

Then they just move on to new acronyms, same currency debauchery.

2. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

GFC2 or bust!

Though I'm not enthusiastic about it. :|

3. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

Interest rates are on hold after QE2 per the central bankers, so even if QE3 doesn't start up inflationary pressures will still persist. Global debt isn't going away any time soon either. Fundamentals for PMs are still strong.

4. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

Yeah I think you said it well heyimderrick.

Global debt isn't going anywhere, any time soon.

Lol...

The only place its going is up...

5. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Absolutely, that is the case! While ever the banking cabal have an unrestricted (zero interest) line of credit directly into the hip pocket of the citizenry at large, things can only ever get worse, economically.

I keep coming back to the amount of money created out of nowhere, given to bankers for no good reason and used for no good purpose.

We could have had cruise ships flying around Saturn for all the money given out by the central banks to their cronies. The cost of the entire Apollo program was only $25.4 Billion! Thats just loose change to Bernanke. It's pathetic really, how small minded, uninspiringly "pragmatic" these bankers and politicians of the world are these days.

What do we get for all the pain and suffering associated with that money printing? Is there any new value created? Anywhere in the world?

. . . don't anyone say ceiling insulation or myschool web sites! :mad:

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Spots on the move hasn't crossed $36 in a while...

7. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

First you imply that huge government initiatives like the apollo program are ok, but that the insulation program isn't? Huh?

8. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Almost 35 AUD again, :D

9. NQDave

NQDave Active Member Silver Stacker

One question I'd like to know is ,can Beny run QE3 if the debt sealing is in place/ maxed out.

10. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

The Fed may not announce QE3 but some sort of QE2.5 - they have stated they are not printing anymore money after this time period but what about tightening the liquidity they've added to the financial markets? Highly unlikely... and with regards to the debt ceiling - what a joke... this is just a hot potato thrown between the politicians... I imagine we will see some "emergency" increases in the ceiling.

Failing that - maybe they won't agree on it and then the USA defaults.... sub$30 party is over then.... :(

On another note - what's people's ounce target? I just started this year... hope to get 500oz by the end of the year.... provided the prices are going to stay about this level or lower.

11. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

That's a joke right? Either I'm laughing with you or I'm laughing at you, but you got me laughing. So thanks for that.

So you are either a comic genius or insane to not appreciate the difference between value created by the inspiring Apollo Programme and the dumb-arsed, snivelling, small minded, communist crap of the housing insulation program.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, let's spell it out for those who don't get the joke.

1) The Apollo Programme was an inspired investment in human infrastructure that returned to the world and all humanity many times more value than the original cost of $25B through all the new technologies, capabilities and ultimately services created and stil being created from that original investment. Some people died, knowing full well that they risked their lives in continuing humanity's legacy of exploration in new worlds.

2) The Housing insulation program was the first politically expediant thing to come across the desk of KRudd in a no-holds-barred effort to spend the nation's accumulated surplus into the economy, that stimulated the bikie gangs that diversified into the insulation business and left the rest of the industry over capitalised, over stocked and with a decimated customer base after the plug was pulled because it was no longer politically expedient. Leaving people dead for no good reason and delivering no lasting or new value to the economy or the people that make it up.

Ok, I'm not laughing anymore, but thanks for the giggle.

12. samwang

samwang New Member

prices below 30 very unlikely, probably a samll dip below 30

but i really want to see prices at that level to buy more

13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Hey somerset from the gold coast. :) There is a thread somewhere here which outlines targets and gives a description of each target. Makes for some interesting reading, as does another one using a mathematical formula to help guide stackers to their next target goal. I'll do a search and see if I can find them.

14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

15. silverc

silverc New Member

Apollo kept my father employed for 12 years as did Mariner, Majellan, Pioneer & Voyager for another 10 years - the investment in the Deep Space Network was huge. Personally, the criticism of Apollo upsets me.

Thanks Gino for clarifying the comparison

16. somerset

somerset Member Silver Stacker

Thanks mmm....shiney!

17. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

The insulation program was a rort, poorly executed and just a big waste of tax payer's money. Space programs help advance humanity as a whole and cost a ton of money which private industries will not participate in due to the lack of forseeable returns. This is the only time I see government taking up a project as beneficial.

Comparison of the two is just a disgrace. So much of the technology today is thanks to NASA among many other science programs. The home insulation program? Not so much.

18. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

silver has been rising strongly recently lets hope we see another meaningful correction so we can buy more.

19. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

Silver just on AUD $30 DEFINITELY...

actually Maybe....

I think it might......

I hope it will....

I can only wish....

20. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

This reminds me that I've got to dig out the paper trail that supports a previous debate regarding the scheme @_@

For the record and in case anyone missed it, my stance is that the government was not at fault, it was the dodgy contractors that took advantage of the governments naivety/trust in private enterprise.
    The counter-argument put forth was that the government were advised people could die and not to proceed but they did so anyway despite the warnings.
    Furthermore, apparently the contractors are not at fault if they do dodgy work (it is the entity that hired them - apparently).

While the counter-argument presented may seem illogical to me (I think contractors should be liable for their dodgy work and that no one in government is pessimistic enough to say people would die from an insulation scheme before it even started), I cannot reject the argument on those grounds. I'll need to read the released documents and see what the case is and also consult with someone in the insurance industry to get an idea of who's at fault, the entity contracting or the contractor.

*feels like procrastinating after an all-nighter*

Makes me wonder if anyone is currently telling the government that lives are at risk with the digital set top box scheme. O_O