Investing in Video Camera

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by hussman, Mar 26, 2013.

1. hussman

hussman Member

Did I get your attention? Yes...Good. If you have any knowledge of Video Camera's I need your expertise. Ill pay you back by awesome video's and pictures :) I had nowhere else to ask for help, so I ask the kind, smart, intelligent forum users you are, you all seem to have answers for every single topic, so heres hoping you have one for this.

Ok, so heres the deal, Im going to China this July for 18 days. Looking at buying a second hand video camera. Budget is about $400ish. Dont really want to go any higher than that. But depending on the camera and accessories anything is possible I guess.

The camera needs to be able to take really good quality video's.

But heres the problem, I have no idea about video camera's. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good model to hunt down, has a good second hand one and wants to sell, or if you find any on gumtree and Ebay please let me know.

I am totally clueless when it comes to Video Camera's but I do know this much, I needs to have a HDD, prefer 32GB+ size, needs to have HD/1080p recording (same thing but different at the same time).

So please help me out.

I was looking at this one to buy but I think the price for that model and all its accessories is abit steep, at $500

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rose...dycam-hdr-xr100e-80gb-hd-camcorder/1014468594

Heres the same model but without the accessories, $320

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kilb...video-camera-model-hdr-xr100e-80gb/1016154770

2. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. hussman

hussman Member

That Australian version of that camera seems to retail $600+, seems so cheap. Its the iVIS model, all the reviews on the internet are about the Ligera or Vixea model. Is there a difference or are they just names?

Never mind jsut done a google search, The Ligera is PAL format and the Vixea is NTSC, none of which matter to me because they are all going to be played on a computer which reads them both.

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Not really "Other Investments" unless video cameras are now an appreciating asset - there is a General Discussion area for paid members for such threads.

cheers.

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

iVis is the Japanese market version of the Vixia, and the iVis MF52 comes with the new HD CMOS PRO sensor.
    I have the previous Legria and it is fantastic for the amateur like me.
    Also just realised it is NTSC so need to be able to convert format to PAL if necessary.