Investing in gold is a fool's game

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Rinchin, Feb 26, 2012.

1. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

it could be a reference to a military weapon, an aurora, a meteor, or other ahem ... celestial event ...

2. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Gold might be a store of wealth not an investment (that's how I have always seen it, silver = investment and where I choose to put my money for now). But the "fear currency" they speak..... now there's an investment opportunity. So effectively what I took from this article is Gold = currency of fear. If I believe fear will decrease I should avoid gold, if I believe fear over the state of the worlds financial system hasn't even started I should be investing?

3. Jash

Jash New Member

Mmmm.... So gold has been a little sketchy since the US unpegged their dollar from it.

Do these people not know that gold has an almost perfect curve keeping up with the money supply? Do these people not know that we have mathematically guaranteed a financial collapse in which virtually all paper assets will become worthless?

Oh well, people will believe what they will believe. Horse to water, horse to water.

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think if you take Hiho's comment as being linked to the effects of inflation which i assume he assumed we all would.Then Hiho "Thats a Bingo"..Is that how you say it?

REDBACK

5. REDBACK

Gold does not have a perfect curve keeping up with the money supply if your referring to the value of Da Dollar.The money supply loses its value every year.
    Gold has a perfect record for keeping its purchasing power against the effects of commodity and asset inflation and Ron P's inflation
    There is no mathematical guarantee that all paper assets will become worthless.That is the certainty in the perfect model.
    We are playing this game of Monopoly against the parker brothers and they can change and manipulate the rules at their discretion.
    Watch the Banker because he is crooked to.
    Some of the Blue chip property holders have a vested interest in seeing that the Banker and Rule maker don't get busted cheating.
    The odds are stacked in favour of the current Fiat system winning the title.
    Just look at the current game being played.
    So few against so many Billions and they are pulling our pants down around our ankles and butt raping us.

REDBACK

6. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

So redback what do you see is the best way to hedge your bets.

Wheres the safest place to invest in your opinion?

7. REDBACK

Technically if you analyse the Parabolic graph with the parameters of time and inflation for 'x' and the inverse relationship of Gold to Fiat adjusted annually by the the value of.....But thats not what you wanted to hear.
    All investment decisions are based entirely on personal circumstances.If you send me a detailed summary of your net worth i can give you my opinion.
    I doubt the question is serious but i'll give you a serious answer.
    Fair enough?

REDBACK

Oh yeah almost forgot :)

8. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

it was a serious question .. but nvrmind

9. REDBACK

:lol: