Interesting bubble debate

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Nub Cannon, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9krCYVL7IM[/youtube]

the guys commenting have polar opposite views, this is interesting , the bear says that "shorting the USD is the dumb trade" :lol:

2. 2ds

2ds New Member

hmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to short it with the end of QE2 possibly approaching but, I certainly wouldn't use it as a safehaven either.

his speach about them having a vibrant economy was interesting and stuck in the 70's. it's been all down hill for their adaptability and enginuity since then, big companies buying all inovation or litigating if they can't has made sure of that...

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

ha ha, those americans always crack me up.

But putting aside their cowboy antics, it really highlights the notion that some people are being bitten by the feeling that something is not quite right in the world.

4. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

I took a geography course this year and I learned about some local boom/bust economies and it got me thinking. Since the US has stopped manufacturing en mass, it will be difficult for them to have a prospering economy since I believe the old industrial America was what helped them become a superpower in the first place after WW2.

5. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Not just that but a few very smart and cunning decisions by various presidents of past America. Deals with the middle eastern countries, and establishing US as the reserve currency was a gradual and very smart process. Probably one of the only things keeping USD in demand right now.