inside job

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by shinythings, Jul 11, 2011.

1. silversardine

silversardine Member

It is an interesting point.

If this is true I wonder if there is/was some enculturation process at work that was allowing outside observers to see what they could not. This is quite common - where people engaged in a way of being/living/working are not able to step back far enough to see clearly.

This would lend itself to the possibility that even though they (the ecnomists in the system) may believe themselves to be ethical they are influenced by subtle factors which result in views or decisions that others may view as less than ethical. What is acceptable in the system that they operate within may not be acceptable outside that culture.

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Watched "The Company Men", drama about GFC. Not my pick (wife picked it up), but not a write off. Learnt how "normalcy bias" applied to loosing a job would play out. Best to make tough decisions fast and hard, is what I got out of the film.

3. bankaiblade

bankaiblade Member

Fantastic movie.

4. jparrie

jparrie Member

Not when the film has been released for free transmission, as this one has. So there was no piracy chit chat.

5. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Was meant more as any field of academia not any individual academic.

6. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Rented this out and watched it while doing the ironing.

Brilliant doco. High quality (Matt Damon is a great narrator), great graphics, music and structure.

Highly recommended!

Thanks for putting me onto it!

P.S.
    Now I've had time to digest it...I think the standout part of the doco was the candor of the Psychologist to many of those private bankers whom revealed how 'small' their lives were.
    Outside of the narrow confines of their job, their only other interest was spending money. No outside interests or hobbies, no studies or personal development...just working and spending. :rolleyes:

7. Comper100

Comper100 Member

Agreed, just watched it today. I'd seen bits before but not all. One other good movie to watch is The Obama Deception, very different view on how every president since JFK has purely just been a puppet to the "higher" powers. It also has some very alarming stuff on carbon tax too!

Its got me thinking I know that!

8. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

If you watched "The Obama Deception" and enjoyed it, there's a film made by the same folks, but I think about a year or two earlier, called "Endgame".

Personally, having watched both of the above, and "Inside Job", I'd venture a personal opinion and say that "Endgame" (particularly) comes across to me as being a bit too rich in conspiracy theory - I watched "The Obama Deception" afterward, and I think it relies a bit on theories initially mentioned in "Endgame". I'm not convinced at this point that all the details in these films are correct - there is an assumption there that something is "behind it all" (don't want to give too much away in spoilers!).

"Inside Job" on the other hand, I thought was brilliantly done, and actually educated me into a lot of the reasons GFC1 happened.

Have "we" learned anything and modified our ways to prevent GFC2? I don't think so - it's one of the reasons I've come back to look at my silver stack, and add some more to it.

Things will get worse... much worse... before they get better, I'm thinking.

9. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

go to alex jone's facebook page and there's online links to all of those movies, there's heaps of them.

10. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I tried to watch endgame the other day on youtube. at over 2hrs it is long. I gave it over an hour, but it is too rich in conspiracy theories also. Yes the bilderberg is a real group, but with that said if i was in any sort of powerful position where everything you say and do is recorded and disected I wouldn't mind the chance to get away and say what I want without fear of bad press. I dont believe in a puppet master.

11. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Midnight Man said

I agree - too much conspiracy theory in the Endgame and Obama Deception (although some pertinent facts in there so still worth watching)

Whereas 'Inside Job' is excellent and very well done and a must see.

12. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Considering that Bilderberg is a meeting by the must powerful people on Earth and it's content is completely hidden from public scrutiny, and there are large scale protests in every city that it is held in, and sometimes riots as well, you would thing that this is very newsworthy. Yet if you go to Reuters website, the largest news agency on Earth as type "Bilderberg" into their article search engine you get no results except for 1 review of the Bilderberg hotel. Not a single, solitary article in Reuters' entire history mentions the Bilderberg meetings.

If you then enter "Dragonball" you get 42 results. If you enter "Pop tarts" you get 12. If you enter "Lady Gaga" you get 1620.

Clearly there IS a conspiracy as the largest news agency in the world refuses to acknowledge the existence of something so newsworthy.

BTW if you Google "Bilderberg group" you get 4.65 million results.

13. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Finally was able to purchase The Inside Job from a video store in Melbourne. I have watched it twice and it should be circulated as widely as possible. I have never had any time for wall street or the share market and it confirmed my bias that I'd rather own 100% of an investment property than .0001% of a company where as a small share holder I am the last to find out the spiv's and spicks have tanked my investment.

What the DVD also confirmed is that Pax America is on the way down and that money backed by gold bullion is going to occur in our lifetime

Kind Regards
    nonrecourse