In case you were wondering...

Discussion in 'Gold' started by JulieW, Apr 16, 2012.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

China and gold

Money Morning article just out.

and India:
    Connect this to the latest Jim Sinclair on King World News

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...Another_$17_Trillion_of_QE_&_War_in_Gold.html
    Consider this a morale booster looking at sub-$1600 Oz and a terrifying potential for the future.

I'm thinking of a signature at last - 'Stack and Protect'

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I wonder sometimes why I bother with silver at all!

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Because you get cheap gold, when you swap your rocketing-to-the-moon silver for oh-so-stable gold.

Who's with me?

Yeah?

YEAH!!!!

<crickets>

4. JulieW

Here's a possible: an ongoing QE to keep 'rescuing' USA and Europe, which then gives the rest of the world time to establish an alternative reserve currency and for countries that are able to back their currencies with gold (deutschmarks anyone?)

Then USA closes its borders and its banks to do a massive argentina type devaluation of its dollar. An emergency meeting of the IMF establishes a trade-in mechanism whereby US dollars held outside the USA are traded at a certain rate for the new reserve currency/ies (the 'haircut' to investors in US bonds and currency a la the Greece/Spain/Italy write downs).

The economic storm that has been raging around the world that inspired the US bank 'holiday' begins to subside as 'faith' in the new world currency takes over. The panic commodity grabs by local citizens whose politicians had been slow to take up currency reform (most of them) worked out for some of them but most lost everything.

You then visit your friendly bankster (the new one, not the one hanging from your neighbourhood lamp post) and buy a big load of new currency with your gold pieces and hopefully resume a life with a future for your kids in a secure part of town with reliable water, power and low crime statistics.

Alternatively you lost everything when the paper burned up; the house, the car, the jetski and the telly, and you join the thousands heading west to try and get a job in the mines so they can send back food money to the wife and kids who are in one of the giant temporary housing estates on the edges of society, constructed from the 'mortgage default' suburbs which are now owned by the government and fed by food stamps and missionaries.

A bit grim indeed, but I just watched 'Snowtown'. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowtown_(film) )
    and I wondered how the people in those suburbs will fare when these heady matters hit the supermarkets.

Stack and Protect indeed.

5. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

[​IMG]
    Sauce:

6. RetardedMonkey

That was the plan.

Until silver started moving downwards and gold really hasn't done much :p

7. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

When the crash comes I think silver will be worth less due to its industrial usage,and gold,after its initial fall(with the stock market),will go up considerable.

I think June will be the beginning of the next big decent.
    (12,19,30th)

But I've often been wrong.

8. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The US dollar can not be devalued so easily, because there is no other fiat currency to devalue against it. The same applies for US$ hyperinflation. Simply not possible, because once confidence is lost in dollar debt the game is over. US debt has past the point of no return, 18% interest rate no longer an option like in 1980. We will have low interest rate until the financial system collapse all over the world.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

because its even more undervalued than gold is and will potentially appreciate even more.

savvie?? :lol:

10. RetardedMonkey

Who says?

Silver permabulls?

11. JulieW

My point was that the powers are working hard to ensure that they don't lose what they've already got. You may be right and the coming travail may be a repetition of the collapse of Edwardian times following WW1 and we will revert to the industrial revolution times, with many minor kingdoms based upon economic holdings and the collapse of national borders (who will guard the borders if they're not being paid?) and these mini-nations will resemble the disassembled USSR and the central bank experiment will give way to local 'kingdoms' with Barons and peasants.

The alternative dark view is One World Order and an engineered collapse leading to a universal currency which enslaves us all is a potential but I can't see how they can engineer it at this stage. Unless you're looking purely at USA, or Europe or perhaps Australia, Canada et al. Considering the corruption and unaccountable nations the NWO seems to me pretty unworkable.

I'm trying to imagine how 'they' will manage this transition without revolution and a retreat to darker more repressive times. This piece to my mind describes perfectly the game being played.

But this assumes a degree of control which may not be present.

The Bank of America just sold off large collections of repossessed housing to institutional buyers. Perhaps this is the plan, but how do they get hold of the houses that people own outright? How do they deal with all the people who've been conservative and have prepared for matters like this. The development of fascist America and its work towards ensuring population control points to collapse there, but the world is a large place.

My point is that the powers are working at breakneck pace to quarantine their fortunes from the USD. China Russia deals, India Iran deals, etc. The hyperinflation scenario I agree with, but not for the entire world. Pain, suffering and transfers of wealth. My only hope is the US empire doesn't start a couple of wars to try and stave off its collapse.

12. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was written in the Bible - Book of Revelations, circa 2000 years ago. There is a very good chance that it will happen!

13. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

sarcasm?

anyway i hardly call something pre written that is available for all to read (incl 'evil') 'fulfilled'.

@juliew
    they will manage by turning us against each other as they always do

14. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

This is the book that I would recommend, for those who care to use their eyes to see and ears to hear.
    Apart from a couple of lesser issues, I find it is pretty good.

http://www.heraldofhope.org.au/booksbph.html

[​IMG]
    Source:

15. JulieW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ2by7M9NI[/youtube]