If Wayne Swan was a CFO, his bonus might have been cancelled: Kohler

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by AgH20, Sep 25, 2012.

1. AgH20

AgH20 New Member

I take it Alan Kohler isn't a Swannie fan.

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/econ..._25_September_201225_09_2012&utm_medium=email

2. Barbarian At The Gate

Barbarian At The Gate New Member

This spin doctor of a "Treasurer" is merely a glorified bean counter. If not for his groveling, bend-over doggie-style posturing, he'd either be counting beans or cleaning dunnies - Kenny-style.

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wait, revenues were $289 billion and the forecast six months ago turned out to be off by $661 million...isn't that like a quarter of a percentage point difference?

Wish I could budget that accurately.

[Edit] Actually I wish I could count that accurately. That's like counting $450 in loose change and being a dollar out.

4. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

:lol: Alan Kohler is employed by the ABC, loooks like he may end up in the private sector

5. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The ABC gig is his sideline from is own publishing company (which he sold to News Ltd a few months back for ~$25 million).

6. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He already does work for the private sector.

I've never understood how the ABC reconciles having a journalist who is chairman of Independant Business Media Pty Ltd. (Opps...how do I strikethrough text?)

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see someone with his journalistic credentials than the likes of Kochie. And it makes sense to have someone with a strong background in the 'industry' but it could be seen as a conflict of interest. That's why they have guests...and the host should be 'impartial'.

...but I guess the ABC gave up on that years ago... anyone that has listened to Leigh Sailes or Fran Kelly can tell you that! :(

7. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

The prime minister, treasurer and cabinet if they were a publically listed company would be jailed for trading while insolvent.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Wow we love to cherry pick don't we when our beloved Labor is attacked for good reason. How about

Hmmmm me thinks predicting a "loss" of 22.6billion and actually losing 43.7Billion dollars then crowing how good you did is as bad as it gets for a treasurer. That's close enough to 100% out lol The twit hasn't hit a single budget he's released since in the job. Thats ok, the AGM is coming up and the share holders will be saying "STEP INTO MY OFFICE!"