ID Verification at BTC-e and BTCMarkets

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by capt.sparrow, Nov 23, 2013.

1. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

I have accounts at both exchanges but ID not verified. Now i'm not intending to withdraw cash out of either of these exchanges ... i plan to use them simply for trading but would obviously need to be able to draw my btc's and ltc's out of the exchange down to my paper wallets!

So can those of you who know please share whether one can withdraw bitcoins/litecoins out of btc-e and btcmarkets to another exchange or to your own wallet without having ID verified?

I would really appreciate an answer to this very specific question.

BTCMarkets is a little bit vague about whether ID verification is required for this... they simply say its required for "your first withdrawal" - no mentin of whether this means cash withdrawal or moving crypto out...

btc-e has the following to say about ID identification:
    Required in case you choose to load your account by wire transfer.
    To comply with AML/CTF recommendations, we require our clients to verify identity by providing scanned copy of ID and scanned copy of utility bill or a bank statement which should not be older then 6 month. Copy should be in good resolution and colored.
    Please note the funds will be on hold untill the identity is verified.

the first bold statement implies that ID verification is only required for IF you ever charge your account with fiat. (nothing about withdrawing fiat is mentioned)
    the second bold statement seems very contradictory because are they referring here to cryptos which you may have in your account???
    will they hold these and prevent you moving them out if you dont have ID verified??

You see this is the kind of cr@p which ive been referring to where these sites are NOT very transparent about the whole ID thingie.

So i'm asking you guys - please - if you have had experience with these sites then please share and let me know the answers i seek ;)

many thanks

2. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

3. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have moved BTC and LTC in and out with btc-e with no ID. ID is only for cash in and out.