I may need to dump a little bit of my silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Sickboy1031, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Sickboy1031

Sickboy1031 New Member

It makes me feel like a total DB :(but my last officially recorded income from 05-06 apparently needs a little state tax paid and I think the sooner I pay them the less I will have to worry about "The Man" looking my way. Im going to pay as much as I can with fiat paper but I might have to sell a couple hundred dollars worth of silver or gold. I felt real bummed at first but I remember someone here saying dont get attached to your investment. and which do you guys think I should sell I have 3/10 ounce gold and about 45.5 ounces of silver(go ahead laugh at my stackie poo):lol:

It helps to type it all out

2. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Best bet is to be debt free.

Stack what you can when you can.

That is the beauty of PM's, very liquid for unforseen debts.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, been there, done that. I had to offload over 100oz of silver last year and about 1/2 oz of gold - it nearly killed me. But by the same token, it saved our arse as well.

If you CAN pay with fiat, do so and save your metal. But if you have no choice, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

All I would say after that is have a drink, reflect in a quiet moment how it felt to liquidate your metal and then get your arse back on the horse as soon as possible and get buying once more. Once you take that 'hit' it's hard to come back, you lose motivation. But I assure you, the quicker you get back into it the better.

Worked for me and I'm now well over half way back to my position last year and even doubled down on my gold holdings along the way.

4. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

At least you probably made some profit in fiat dollars against purchase price. You put up some very fair and reasonable prices on this site and you didn't take long to sell. I was glad to see you get back on the silver horse and it won't be long until you pass your stacking high.

Your plight was a good lesson for me for it taught me to realize that even though you get attached to your stack there may come a time when you have to sell some of your pile just to survive and you just have to grit your teeth and do it. Hope that you never have to it again but like you say it saved your arse and thats what counts.

Regards Errol 43

5. Sickboy1031

Sickboy1031 New Member

Thanks guys I feel better after I typed it all out and knew its what needs to be done sometimes. I did have a super busy day out of nowhere which is rad and I looked really closely at the paper I was sent for the tax issue and i get to wait 68 days before I even get the official bill so as long as I stay busy I might get to save my silver.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

To be honest mate, it actually only served to make me realise even more how much my money means to me.

If there is a time to sell, I'll sell. But it'll be when I choose and for reasons I wish to sell for.

Forced sale of your stack hurts for sure, but you can definitely bounce back from it if you're motivated.