I love to paint and want to start painting silver coins as a hobby

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silveraddict666, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Acme

Acme New Member

When do you plan to paint it? As soon as they arrived? At least paint one and post the pictures here :)

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Not a hair on my head that thinks 'bout it :)

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

And they already arrived:
    [​IMG]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1798_firstlove002.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]
    And seeing coin and pencil in real, I don't think a kid is able to paint this like the promo pic showed. That's just nonsense lol, even an adult would have trouble filling those heart shapes as clean as on the sales promo pic. The brush has its point like glued together or so, different than on the promo pic, probably desperately needed to avoid an ugly coin end of the painting attempt.
    Not that I planned to try it, but if I ever had considered it, well, the thought wouldn't have survived the arrival of the coins.
    The coins should have been 2 or 5 oz instead of this silly 20 gram. That would have given some surface to paint, and some error margin to work on. And I think the design looks better when bigger.
    As a present/gift and just as a nice coin they certainly do the job. Storing the value they costed, probably never. Despite the relative price I paid was substantially lower than all other places in my region, 20 gram 0.925 at 3 times the price of a 1oz pure, it's gonna be hard to find someone even more exciting expressed in $ :p