I just purchased a Metal Detector

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by mmissinglink, Jun 13, 2013.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I just purchased a new Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector...ordered it late this afternoon. I am low income, I found it on sale, and I read a couple of reviews on it...that's why I chose this model.

Does anyone have experience with this detector?

2. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

Fisher make bounty hunters , so from my experience with Fisher it should be a great cheapy for parks etc..

have fun !!

3. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

Decided to upgrade from my excalibur to the ctx 3030 today :)
    [​IMG]

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is that the V Series II canister vacuum with 1200 watt motor? That's a quality vacuum

5. noah

noah Member

6. Sa_bogan

7. noah

noah Member

Mate when I get the gpx 5000 we can swap for a while, I would love to give yours a 'road test' at 100 feet below SL. In the meantime be patient the next spring tides are only 6 months away. Good hunting and keep an eye out for my ex wife's gold wedding ring.

8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let us know how you go with the 3030 bogan and if you reckon its worth the outlay.

Minelab has just released a mid-range pulse induction machine but I dont have any details about it.

9. Sa_bogan

Took it out today for its first run and its fairly complex campaired to my xterra 705 and Excalibur 1000. It has a lot of information on the screen as well as programable tone ID and a pinpoint mode that beats all the rest. The down side of going to a tone detector (Excalibur) to a ID and tone ( to a degree ) slows you down a bit with having to read the target information rather than knowing the sounds of the items. It's very well balanced and light weight wich gives you more detecting time and the ability to have sensitivity set to max on the beach is a great advantage. Also the fast recovery lets you get those targets among the junk! I would have to say so far first impressions is you will need a lot of time to learn how to use the bells and whistles, but once learnt you will be picking up everything that others just couldn't see (around iron) and track not only the area covered but you can mark finds which can give you better chances of learning the area and were the goods lay. I'm a beach comber so this ticks all the boxes for me and I hope what I have written makes sense.

I heard about the mid range PI late last year and from what I understand its being sold to compete with the garrett atx with similar features. I think your gp 4500 ( from memory) would be a better detector