I feel ripped off

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by scone, Sep 8, 2014.

1. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

first dodge ever classified a gas saver
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFxwJ8mIDtA[/youtube]

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKaMA4jKTQ[/youtube]

3. GBN

GBN Member

Pure Genius, he made a very primative carburettor out of a jam jar.
    He's only about 150 years too late with this one.

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I think the concept is to use fumes not mean fuel droplets like a carburetor .i watched one of the other videos & under full acceleration fuel was flying through the inlet tube into the engine it had no metering unlike jets in a carb.. The concept is more along the lpg theory running on a gas . I think it might be ok at idle but once the engine is inducting at high rpm it will be worse than a carb or injection .
    I did see one version that had steel wool in the vessel to stop liquid fuel going up the inlet hose .That might have a little more success .Maybe something like the honeycomb inside of a catalytic convertor would be far more effective allowing nothing but vapour through it .but again once its fuel soaked it will still let fuel droplets through.

The biggest problem i can see is the need for a very high vessel so no liquid fuel can make it up to the inlet tube with Maybe a multi stage anti liquid system before the inlet tube Being able to produce enough vapour at high rpm's would seem to be another problem

Good on them for trying .It has merit but a lot of R&D to go yet.

5. GBN

GBN Member

I agree good on them for trying, but they will need to aromise the fuel to increase the surface area so it can vaporise fast enough for high rpm. Model engine builders have used these carbys for a long time with ' hit and miss' type engines, which by nature run in a small range of rpm. I believe they are called a 'surface transfer' type carbie, and if memory serves me correctly a lot of work was done developing it in the early 1900s by a german bloke called Benz. He wanted his engines to run on the smell of an oily rag.

Now if they could make it run on water vapour they might be on to something :)