I am new here. Just want to say hi. Hi! Interest: Russia pre 1917 etc.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by extant4cell, Feb 27, 2013.

1. extant4cell

extant4cell New Member

Hi! Yes, both of these dealers have Russian coins occasionally, I dealt with them in the past. :) Dealers usually have overpriced fees and are useful when it comes to very rare coins...

2. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Howdy and welcome :)

3. slipage

slipage New Member

welcome

4. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am collecting mainly older Australian silver bars and also some of the Australian numismatics (dirty word around here!) Lunars, Koalas and Kookaburras also have a fair showing in my stack. Weather where I am has turned cold then hot then cold again but at least we are not suffering as badly as some parts of Australia with major fires, floods and cyclones. Yep Adelaide is quiet both in weather and nightlife! Not really into putting my collection on the net, rather fondle it in private !!

5. Asylum

Asylum New Member

Hello fellow newbie!

I am also fond of the early 1900s Russian numismatics though more the paper money and bonds for their artistic qualities.

Welcome.

6. EasyCollective

EasyCollective New Member Silver Stacker

Hello exant4cell!

7. extant4cell

extant4cell New Member

Thank you for all your greetings and welcomes! I want to open a collection exhibition one day. Are there any galleries / museums that you know of that exhibit numismatic collections in Australia and in Melbourne in particular that you are aware of, or should I start one as a business? ;)

8. C.H.

C.H. Active Member Silver Stacker

!

I have some Imperial paper monies. Got them for their art/history on the cheap. I'm not big on collecting the old fiat.
    It shows you what real money is. For example I have a couple of 500 rubles notes. Such a note in gold coins (they were interchangable back then 1905 is worth ~ $10K today), as a note - $10 as a collectable.

Like the old US dollars (before 1910) for their art, but they're quite expensive for my taste.

I would love to buy some Russian gold coins 1900 - 1917, but they're pretty rare here. They trade as a bullion in States as they're pretty common (I guess a lot of them was brought in by Russian immigrants).

Ah, and welcome :)

9. extant4cell

extant4cell New Member

:) !
    It is hard to find Russian coin, particularly b4 1840 in good grades in Australia, it is very true.
    I use European and America auctions like Kunker or Baldwin... Sometimes can find interesting
    coins on eBay, but it is very difficult and rare. I am at the stage of going over my collection now
    thinking twice what to keep, what not and what is missing... also need to do a lot of photographing
    and recording... brr... work ... ;)