Hyperinflation bubble pricked

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Feb 5, 2011.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Entertainment for a rainy afternoon

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article25984.html

2. hbBear

hbBear New Member

Wow, what an article.

I walk away feeling that I am a 'hack' and a 'conspiracy theorist' for investing in gold and silver.

I dont consider myself any sort of financial or economic expert but when I consider the increasing US debt, increasing govt spending, increasing liabilities due to healthcare and the retirement of the baby boomers and the fact the US really doesnt seem to be making any significant budget changes to not only reduce its deficit budgets but to start reducing its debt then what other conclusion should one reach? The US is headed for some serious pain!

Perception is everything I agree, but if the US needs to keep borrowing foreign money and creating money to fund this powerful and EXPENSIVE military force how long can it last?

Thanks for the link JulieW, interesting read

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

This article assumes that the US will always remain the world's reserve currency. All of his arguments flow from this.

If oil no longer becomes priced in USD, then everything he says in this article can be thrown out.

4. euphoria

euphoria New Member

That is what I took from it as well. All valid arguments, but all built on a couple of rather large assumptions that may prove disastourous to take for granted forevor. That and ' The US has the biggest guns'. I think that point could be contested.

Much like Australia assuming China will always be there, The US is assuming that the petro dollar and oil will always be there. 99% of the time this is true. But the one time, the 'black swan event' is catastrophic. While perhaps not wise to blindly beleive that they are a certaintity, it would be imprudent to ignore the possibility completely.

5. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

A Black Swan Event.

There is nothing like an "outside" threat that unites a world divided.

One rule. One Law. One World....

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

All that matters to gold hacks is that they generate publicity so that they can make money selling gold, securities, gold-related books
    I invite you to join other subscribers who wish to become great investors,

# The Dividend Gems provides my most highly recommended dividend securities with active management strategies, as well as discussions of other dividend securities. See here for more details.
    --------------------------------------------------

7. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Deleted

8. Guest

Guest Guest

ORLY?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AMdHBgHtNE[/youtube]

Seems someone out there has tech to make this so called, self assumed world superpower stand up and take notice!

Fact is, you can dispute anything and the assumption that nothing is disputable based on rhetoric is merely a device to devalue rational objection to the leading statement.

The US is slipping. The US military can't even dig out a rogue in mountains fighting with rocks and AK47s after how many years?

C'mon, let's get real. It's a media beatup. It's a propaganda exercise. It's a simple attempt to placate the growing number of people who are starting to wake up and question the status quo.

I pay it no heed in the slightest. It's merely conjecture & here say from a very vested interest and nothing more in my book. Typical of the trash modern media who's only job is to control thought and not inform.

9. reflection

reflection New Member