How Strong of an Investment is Silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by USSSAlabama, Jan 7, 2013.

1. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

Hi all,

I think one has to define a couple of things here - namely 'investment' and 'risk'.

I see pm's as a lousy investment.

However, we live in probably the most risky time for getting onto a century. One of course has to understand risk as being 'unknown'.

One thing about pm's is that they survive as a store of value - they might be down for a decade or two, but sooner or later they will be in an up cycle and be of equivalent 'value' to what they were in the past.

NOTHING else has these qualities as a permanent store of wealth - the only 'risk' is theft or confiscation. (and I separate those 2 because if authorities don't know you have possession then confiscation is unlikely as long as you keep your mouth shut).

Henceforth, pm's are an excellent way of preserving purchasing power and or storing wealth.

ATM, if I were young/ish, I would have most of my wealth stored in this manner - we are in a very special time of history - very little is not high risk.

As to coins or bars? No matter, as long as you just look at it for metal value - numismatics are shot to bits when the chips are down - in good times it is different, but in crook times - go metal.

Have a great night

Gazza.

2. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Alternatively sell sell sell and convert all your Silver into AUD
    When the AUD becomes the next world reserve currency...watch your profits go ballistic!!!

REDBACK

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Silver isn't an investment.
    It's a method of longterm saving of which success or failure depends on fellow stackers instead of governments, bankers and their parasiting interest groups.