How silver is mined

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Kali Silver, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Kali Silver

Kali Silver New Member

The following was posted on Ed Steer's Gold & Silver Daily that included a couple of excellent videos how silver is mined and refined.

The good folks over at Endeavour Silver have made up this 2-part video about how silver is mined...and if you don't know anything about the silver mining process...these videos are a must watch. Both of them combined run less than 15 minutes. The link to Part 1 is http://www.youtube.com/embed/7kPWU-knyCk ...and Part 2 is http://www.youtube.com/embed/yGGUgC7V-vs

2. mikedm

mikedm New Member

Awesome, would be great to visit one. Thanks mate.

3. Mickroy

Mickroy New Member

That was tops... cheers. I used to work for a coal mining contractor when I was younger & never cared enough to take notice, but when you do take notice it's quite interesting & scientific.

Then again coal mining is more or less "lets dig that black shit up & burn it..." which is rather primitive I guess :/

4. Comper100

Comper100 Member

Really interesting to watch, so many chemicals and processes. You don't appreciate what goes into producing all this silver we own until you see something like that!

5. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Exactly, shouldn't the end product be worth more. Just the amount of effort that goes into it, and was it 2 parts in a million of dirt for the yield?

Slam