How much longer can the printing go on?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Jul 19, 2013.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

No one can tell exactly. :)

I suggest you read the JSMineset link I posted. They're pretty specific dates (years) in that post.

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd caveat Jim's times by saying that you should never underestimate the willingness of the Govt (and their banking cronies) to financially oppress their own citizens.

3. mmm....shiney!

True, but if that is the case and the governments manage to suppress the populace, TheEnd won't have to make any decisions, or if he does, it won't matter. We'll all be fucked.

The greatest threat we face these days are not Muslims, boat people, gambling advertisements on TV, lactose, pedophile priests, bikie gangs or climate change - it is our own governments. The sooner we rid ourselves of their cancer the sooner we move toward economic and social freedom - for a period of time at least.........until the wheel turns once more. :/

4. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I put my time in collecting the figures and calculating the $ totals.
    You put your time in putting them into a chart.
    Division of labor, the benefits should be familiar to anyone that resides on the libertarian spectrum of the world. :p
    And late 2000's, shows a love affair for $100's, the highest nomination. Yet, if people hoard cash under their pillow, shouldn't that make them circulate less and thus need replacement less?

5. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

O.k so Detroit is just the beginning and we will see more GFC action during the rest of 2013 and onwards it seems?

6. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

I would not take Jim Sinclair's word as gospel. He has, like most here, predicted the rise in gold price but was unprepared and dismissed the thought of gold back to $1100. Therefore it would not be wise to use his opinions as a base for determining if gold is at its bottom price if he could not fathom the mechanics behind this fall along with the rise in the U.S. dollar and the U.S. stockmarket.
    All that is happening in the U.S. is still far better than what is happening in parts of Europe so it is still the best bet in town. It may even be possible for gold to bounce again for a year or two before it makes its final low around the $1000 mark..give or take $50....lets hope it resolves down to the low sooner rather than later.
    Ignore the noise.....

7. mmm....shiney!

It's not Jim Sinclair's timeframe, it is a link to someone else's - he just happens to agree with the sentiment and the approximate dates.

8. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well i'm wondering if I should buy now and sell later in the year or next year if prices pick up again..... Then buy in the next low you say is possible in a few years?

9. bordsilver

Personally, I'd say if you wanted to trade for near term profit, don't buy physical. For me, physical PM's should not be used for normal speculation/investment (except in specific niches like the awesome stock horses :p ).

If you're wanting to trade silver like trading shares etc then I'd suggest asking the real traders on here (preferably the successful ones) on whether they think the price action has some fundamentals attached that are relevant to a "buy now, sell later in the year"-type proposition.

Edit: And - without knowing anything about your life/circumstance/etc - always remember that "cash is king".

10. Pirocco

1) Governments fake bank named "Federal Reserve" pays real banks with newly added dollars in order to make them not lend out the savings from depositors, as to make these savings not being spent now, as to avoid general price increasings.

2) In meantime, the fake bank also lends newly added dollars to US State (and some other governments around).

As long as 1)'s depositors don't 'use' their previous savings (spend them), 2)'s spending can continue without general price increasings. So far, this worked, because the crisis caused more people to save for later rather than spending now.

The logical conclusion then is that it will cease to work, and thus cause price inflation when those depositors think the crisis is over, and decide to start spending their savings.

The fake bank will then increase interest rate on deposits, as to 'reward' the depositors for NOT spending their savings.
    But will it work, and if so, how long will it work? See, shortly after spending more, those depositors may see general price increasings at a faster rate than the deposits interest rate. And then the induced boom collapses once again. And since the previous time this happened, the maintenance part of the capital base could well have become and even exceeding the whole, causing an accelerating capital base destruction, also meaning an investment deadstop, with recession quickly manifesting itself in alot countries simultaneous, culminating in the last stage: general price increasing in all currency denominated prices. And then.. increasing chaos. Chaos that the central banks are unable to cope with, because everybody will do the own little things, the decentralized fashion, with no central intermediate nodes to limit, block or tempclose.
    The scenario is avoidable, but the question is, relative to days tech and scale level, how realistic it is, to expect companies on the end of the day having done twice the work with the same resources?
    The Detroit city 'statecompany' serves as an example case of an increasing chaos. But the rest, way bigger, isn't yet there, so surely they will keep it up with 'imported' resources. Thus at the expense of the rest. And this can go on, alike Thatcher once said, until they run out of other peoples money, with 'other people' this time referencing the rest of the world. They have some 'room' left in that world (see welfare level), so don't expect lightning blitz action, just a steady detoriation / average welfare drop, year after year. Don't let them lure you into hurry to buy at any price, because they sit ready there, to free you from your money, in cycle after cycle; taking away your independence/freedom/selfcontrol with it.

11. Pirocco

Why?

12. bordsilver

Because if you don't have enough day to day you go bankrupt/into administration. :)

13. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

And if inflation rises it 'maybe' safe to put some cash in a bank account and earn some nice interest on it? Although tax would need to be paid after profit...

14. ancient

ancient New Member

15. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

The decades roll by. No one knows.

16. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

Remembering of course that interest on deposits is less than inflation and after tax a fairly significant net loss.

17. mmm....shiney!

It's similar in Australia, the $50 banknote is the most widely circulated, followed by the $100 note, together they account for 65% of the total notes in circulation and 95% of the total value!! Without having done a study of it, I would say it's indicative of the inflationary cost of living.

http://banknotes.rba.gov.au/distribution.html

18. mmm....shiney!

And on a side note ( :p ) intentional pun :lol: , because ATM's spit out more 50's than an Irish Catholic spits out kids, we are always running out tenners especially in our till having to give change for 50's.

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well its either earn interest or invest in pms and wait for them to appreciate....because I am def not going anywhere near real estate for along time!

20. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

I used to have those sentiments. I'm not so sure anymore. I want to limit my reliance on "the system". Subsistence farming, a granny flat or spare room for a little extra cash income, a woodlot, etc, etc there are benefits to owning property that aren't as simple as capital gains and income. I'm not confident of my savings being safe in the bank any more. I know the fundamentals, hold PM's, wait for property prices to tank, then swap for a house, but with the manipulation lately you've got to hedge your bets at some stage.

Anywhere here's those dates you requested: http://www.jsmineset.com/2013/07/22/how-the-episode-unfolds-from-2008-2020/