How many Oz's do dealers sell per week?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by hotdogma, May 27, 2013.

1. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

3rd largest isnt it ?

coal and iron ore surely have to be higher then gold

2. RT

RT New Member

Coffee is a bit different as there are not to many people who would hold up a coffee shop for coffee.
    Someone, (not necessarily a SS member) might use this sort of info to find out which company would have the most inventory and inferred cash on hand. I would imangine security would be a major concern tor ALL dealers and they would have stricked confidentiality agreements in place for all staff.
    Would you expect Armaguard to tell how much money they transport on a certain run?

When a company is dealing with high value goods, I think any breach even alluding to volumes would be seen as a major offence.
    Its like asking how much money is in a bank each week. It would trigger alarm bells in any managers mind because of the possible risks behind these sorts of questions.
    I understand it would be nice to find out volumes per week on average and the open post on perth mint site may give a rough idea, but to ask a dealer direct would be just to direct.

3. hotdogma

hotdogma Active Member

Take your point RT. I know stackers who have had horrible security related experiences and it something I am also paranoid about. Certainly do not want to see that happen.

And while I don't believe you are implying any underhanded motives on my part by asking the question - this thread turns out to be something I don't really want to be associated with any more.

I was just curious about Australia wide or QLD wide market size. I come from a marketing background, so depth of a market, any market I participate in from an investment perspective, is of interest to me - but I can infer that from the number of members on this website for example. Regards;

4. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I was in a dealer the past week, in around 30min I saw 4x stackers pick up more than 300oz silver and 4-5oz gold.

5. Marsi

Marsi Member Silver Stacker

Would have to be a bit for sure- property rental/mortgage, wages, overheads divided by profit margin equals several thousand ounces Ag per week at least for a two bit operation from a shoebox.

6. RT

RT New Member

All good mate, wasnt inferring anything towards you, just what I think the general issues would be for anyone in that situation.

If your looking for market data, there are often quantities given on the kingworldnews site from interviews and where these are referenced from. These are usually world wide numbers but show volumes and such.

Your right about security for even stackers and for the small amount to have it stored and insurred for piece of mind, it is a small price to pay IMO.