How do you dig Dogecoins?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by TreasureHunter, Jan 25, 2014.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm totally new to mining/digging. I see there is this "dig" option in the Dogecoin wallet - how do you actually dig? I suppose the digging finalizes with the result of coin(s). But is there any way to see the status of the "digging"? :rolleyes:

I started a "solo dig", by which I see "threads: 12", "scantime: 99" :|

When does a "solo dig" end and when will I see my first coin? :/

I'd prolly stop before my electricity bill goes through the roof :lol:

2. Mitchell

Mitchell Member

Better off to mine in a pool than solo mine

That way you get guaranteed steady rewards and can track difficulty, coins per hour, etc.

You just have to download CGMiner 3.7.2, signup to a pool, and then create a .bat file to run it with

For example here's a reasonably sized pool: http://doge.netcodepool.org/index.php?page=gettingstarted

You'll notice it lists some information. This gets entered into a text file which you save as say 'cgminer.bat' and run it in the directory where cgminer.exe is located.

Example .bat file using this information:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    C:\cgminer_Folder\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.netcodepool.org:4093 -u Username.Username -p password -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --shaders 2048 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1475

What's in bold are the settings suited to my hardware (HD7970), you'll want to lookup what settings work best for what you have

The first 'Username' is your pool login username, and the second 'Username' is your worker username on the pool. The 'password' is your worker password on the pool.

Once you're done, you just run the .bat file

3. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't bother solo mining it will take years to find a block.
    It's not like getting paid for the hours you work, it's more like playing lotto.
    You get absolutely nothing until you find a block - but then you could get up to a million doges payout.
    But the chances of finding a block are slim when you are competing with massive mining rigs all over the world.

Honestly unless you've got a high end graphics card or are prepared to buy one (or a few) it's only worth doing just for interests sake.

Much easier to just buy doges from someone else.

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I tried the "solo dig". Ran it for 8 hours and then stopped it. I ran it while my wallet didn't synch yet. Still isn't synch-in, but the green line is almost at the end.

...so after 8 hours of doggie-diggin', I got nothin' :(

5. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I just mine from my browser. Google Chrome seems to work the best.

http://www.idigdoge.com/

I get a few a day.

Chris