HotCopper - Any members there?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by BuggedOut, Jun 23, 2016.

1. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

HotCopper is a stock market forum I've been aware of for a while but have been sceptical about whether it's just a forum for pumpers and follow-the-herd type investors. Having a look there more recently I'm wondering if I might have judged it harshly in the past. The trick with any of these sites (just like SilverStackers) is to figure out who on there has a clue and who is full of s*** and then just cherry pick the useful tidbits of info that can be found.

It takes a while to figure it out (I've been on SS for a year and only just getting a good handle it now) and the community at HotCopper looks to be a fair bit larger than this one, but I'm wondering if any members here are active on the HotCopper site and might be able to give me a few pointers on who, or how, to get some value out of it?

Seems like a lot of the discussion in this sub forum would not be out of place on HotCopper. I've signed up there with the same username here so once I get through my lurking phase feel free to look me up :)

2. hussman

hussman Member

I once read on a hotcopper thread, "Your not one of those people from silver stackers are you?" LOL

3. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have been a member on there for many years :) But never post on it .... I use it purely as a research tool

4. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same. Never interact but great resource site.

5. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I joined there about a month ago to see what it is like after someone here mentioned it. I didn't like the setup of the forum/threads, stupid setup imo. I don't like forums with too many members either. So I didn't go back. Here is much better.

6. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

It's a useful reference, and a quick way of taking a temperature on a placement or spike.

7. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes of course...

8. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm on there nearly every day, been signed up for years, not always posting though. Find it to be a wealth of information if you look in the right places and look at the right people.
    The thread setups are a bit tricky to navigate until you realize you need to hit the thread button instead of the user or thread title to get things flowing properly.

95% of it is crap but the knowledge and skill of some of the people is incredible, and free as well. If you can sniff around after people who have turned 10K into over a million in the last couple of years why wouldn't you ?

The day trading threads are an excellent source of info for stocks that are not on the radar as yet and can also highlight stocks that are just being pumped as well.

All in all it is great for research, all the ASX stocks in one place with links to all the announcements and you also get the feel , opinions*, and research of fellow stockholders. Follow the hearts for good info and tips.

* Never forget arseholes and opinions are intrinsically linked. And DYOR

9. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was annoying to use their forum software. Also most of the posters are just trying to pump their latest purchases.