HOT NEW COIN PREDATOR: PREY SERIES

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Maggie, Jan 17, 2014.

1. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Great question. I have a couple of these for sale, the first issue wolf/caribou, and was wondering the same thing. Having a look at the dealers natsmezz has listed you can see the following,
    Of the first issue wolf/carribou the mint (Armageddon) has sold out.

Still available at the following dealers

http://www.muenzdachs.de/epages/63784639.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63784639/Products/0518
    http://www.bullionstop.com/2014-predator-prey-999-silver-coin-w-palladium-5-caribou-vs-wolf/
    http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/detail/predpreywolfcaribou14sco1/

And for the second issue bear/salmon Armageddon still has them listed in stock, as do all the other dealers natmezz referenced.

2. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

As far as American dealers I'd add WorldClassCoin to the list, http://www.worldclasscoin.com

The mintages of PP #1 and #2 are complete, there will be no more minted. A handful of dealers have a few of these left.

3. grapeape

grapeape New Member

this just popped up today. Looks like the creators of the series are going to let the public decide what the last coin is going to be...awesome price too. I've never heard of anything like this for a coin. Bit of a wait to get the coin, but I guess that how long it take to go from concept to release. I hope it goes well, I'd like to see more of this in the future. Any thoughts on what the last coin should have on it?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newsilvercoin/predator-prey-silver-coin-crowdfunded-coin-design

4. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Was quite intrigued with this.

5. grapeape

grapeape New Member

I got mine yesterday. Suprisingly easy, could have taken me 30secs if I didnt read everything twice. Turns out you 'pledge', not purchase and can change your mind on what you want or cancel all together during the 30days. Kickstarter only charges you if the project meets its goal.

6. A888L

A888L Member Silver Stacker

I have read AgAuNEWS excellent circulated critique of this series of coins and as I understand from their comments they also believe that the idea to involve the collector in the scope of the 4th coin design and the Kickstarter funding platform is a fresh and positive move for the worlds coin industry .

Maggie introduced me to this coin series and I am most grateful for her very keen expert eye and discerning judgement of quality and creativity .
    I miss Maggie ( Chez ) and based on her knowledge and skill continued with acquiring the series . I am most pleased with the collection and have pledged to collect another set in the attractive professional presentation case . For what is offered I consider the pricing to be fair and reasonable and I am paying a premium because of the AU$ value against the US$ .

grapeape , you are right no payment required if the target for funding this project is not achieved in the nominated 30 days .

We should all support and encourage what Armageddon is offering the collectors .
    Can you imagine what the future holds if the P&P series are continued with this standard of design creativity and applied to other Nations of the world .
    Especially Australia .

Comments for thought and consideration .
    Thank you for reading my post .

7. grapeape

grapeape New Member

8. A888L

A888L Member Silver Stacker

I refer to grapeape's link to AgAuNEWS and their Armageddon P&P critique posted 21/1/2016

If you look at a past AgAuNEWS item issued on 18/11/2015 there is another positive critique specifically on the 3rd P&P Eagle and Snake coin issued by Armageddon .( My apologies as I am not computer talented to provide convenient links for you )
    I believe this series of coins have a lot to offer the discerning numismatic collector .
    I am looking forward to viewing the out come of the collectors opportunity to be involved with submitting designs and the offer to be part of the final selection of the 4th coin .
    I think this is a first for the coin industry and the follow on marketing opportunities .
    The little fella can be involved and contribute to something special .
    The design subject , its creativity and the coins finish is of merit . As a collector I hope they succeed with their 4th coin project .
    As I have noted before AgAuNews have favourably presented this series and I totally respect their credibility and judgement when they comment/critique on the new items that are produced and presented in the worlds market place .

I wish Armageddon well in these International financial tough times and collectors around the world support their endeavours .

9. grapeape

grapeape New Member

Looks like the 4th and final coin in the Predator/Prey series will be out in Nov 2016. As a participant in the kickstarter campaign (where the coin collectors decided the design) I got a sneak preview of the coin in August. Looks real nice. I'm hoping the coin does well like the others have, to encourage the mints to involve us in the design process in the future. In the end the most interesting thing I've done with collecting in a long time.

10. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Here we go guys, Jaguar:Crocodile, the fourth and final coin in the Predator:prey series. I've always liked this set as they've gone with a unique style devoid of gimmickry, something missing from many new releases today. Possibly my favourite of the series as well. Theres a discount code in the article as well that should work at most of the dealers listed.

http://agaunews.com/armageddon-mints-cool-predatorprey-series-finishes-fourth-final-coin/

[​IMG]
    Source:AgAuNEWS.com