Hi, need info on PM sellers in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by mAU2010, Mar 6, 2012.

1. mAU2010

mAU2010 New Member

Hi, newbie from Brisvegas.

Anyone know of precious metal (PM) sellers in Brisvegas who don't require ID if the transaction's below $5k?

Ainslie asked for ID and said I need to open an account even though the PM I was after was way below $5k over the counter...

Thanks in advance! :)

2. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome !!

Sounds odd to me - they do ask for ID - show them your licence and they copy it for their security but if under threshold is not Austrack reported. I've never been asked to "open an account" - just hand over the cash and walk out.

Other than that there is a very good community of stackers up here - lots of trading f2f, so post up a wanted ad and chances are someone up here will have what you're after

3. shano73

shano73 Member

Gday & welcome aboard :)

4. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why bother with Ainslie just because you're in Brisbane? I don't get it. Buy from sponsors or members here.

5. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi and welcome, I agree with finicky, I have got some great deals off sponsors and members. Go through the sponsors list and im sure you will find what you are looking for. I can personally recommend OZ Bullion, he helped me out with some 10oz dragons and gave me a price that blew Ainslie and Perth Mint out of the water. It all depends how much you are spending and what form of silver you want. This site is a good start though.

Cheers
    SS77

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

You must have misunderstood Ainslie's terminology regarding the word "account". If you store metal with them, yes you'll need to open an account, but if you just buy from them & walk, then a driver's license is all you need.

If you have the time & its sufficiently important to you, then lots of (initial) research is recommended.

But as the guys say, there are some deals available here which are a lot better than anything you'll likely find elsewhere. I'm not going to mention any names (for good reason). But also beware, because some of the sales threads are not definitely good deals. If you cannot determine the difference, that's unfortunate for you.