HERE COMES THE SUN at the Unemployment Office

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by boneyard, Jan 15, 2013.

1. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's great , would love to see it done here at the Prahran dole office :lol:
    The only way to brighten up the day for them

3. Emanance

Emanance Guest

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2vySQa34fA[/youtube]

4. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Amazing how highly skilled these people are, and they are in a unemployment office! A sign of things ahead perhaps.

5. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

The whole 'flashmob' movement smacks of exobitionism to me and little more.

Bah, humbug.

Nothing to say they were necessarily unemployed themselves or even seeking it.

"Flashmob oficina paro (Carne Cruda 2.0). A program on Spanish radio, organized a small flashmob to perform and sing The Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun" for one of the unemployment offices in Madrid."

6. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I guess in this manipulated world nothing is really real.

7. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Like a 1960s musical, only it's real.

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Auspm you really are an angry man. I can see you becoming just like the two out of the movie grumpy old men..

9. Auspm

Auspm New Member

Sigh. Okay, I don't want to soapbox (and derail yet another thread with a snide personal attack), but that's the status quo around here when you don't gush over puppies and smile, so I guess I better (again & as usual) defend my position because I have the audacity not to think like others.

Angry?

Hmmm, maybe. Injustice, bullshit, liars and manipulators tend to do that to me.

See, I'm a straight up kinda guy. Brutally honest, but there's no inkling of deceit in someone like me. I don't bow down to social stigma, I don't bend a knee to things I don't believe in just to keep others happy.

But at least you will never question where you stand with a person like me and more so, you can trust that when you deal with someone like me you won't get screwed over.

It's hard living in a world that's the polar opposite - a living, breathing embodiment of hypocracy, bullshit and deceit.

Some just smile and get on with it (or to coin a phrase, used to be disgusted with it all, now just amused) and that's fine.

Others will stand up to it and meet it head on, come what may - that's me.

I don't like bullshit mate, no matter where it might breed.

I'm sick of the laughable hypocracy of people who bitch, cry and moan about the intollerable injustice, deceit and corruption in the world and yet turn a completely blind eye either to keep the peace or remain one of the flock.

So yep, I call it as I see it and people label me for doing so. Hardly new around here.

I might come across as aggro, but there's no questioning my integrity or honesty mate and if the worse people can throw in my direction is that I'm 'annoyed', then I'll take it as a compliment.

Now please - ffs - stop attacking me and go back to your perfect world. Sick of being pointed at as the 'cause' of thread locks around this place...

Here, I'll kick you off with a basket of puppies :

[​IMG]

Life is wonderful, the world perfect and the sun will shine tomorrow etc etc...

10. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In Madrid there are lots of unemployed architects and academics who are looking for work overseas (according to one Spanish Newshow on YouTube) Lots of young people straight out of Uni can't find work so they either do another course, work overseas or hit the Dole Office.

I remember the first flash mobs before the media got hold of the idea and before advertising execs started thinking about how they could make money out of it.

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Possibly the wrong thread but worth repeating here

[​IMG]
    Source: featurepics.com
    perhaps some will appreciate this heart warming tale.

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same turtle-heading elephant. So this is for everyone who sends me those heart-warming bullshit stories.

12. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I lolled.

hard.

13. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

What a tool.

14. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Complete Idiot.

15. finchy

finchy New Member

Nice clip,i enjoyed it and can relate to the hardship of having no income at times

As for some of the other neg comments i believe sometimes people look into these things a little too deeply and need to take them at face value

Thankyou for sharing :)

16. JollyKillBill

JollyKillBill Member

I was really expecting this to be a heart warming thread, but no.

Just turtle off , why ruin peoples good moods with all this crap, the OP was great, then People started talking completely unrelated bullcrap.

And who cares if they are or are not unemployed the point of the video was to lighten up the day for the people in the unemployment office. We should be grateful they got decent footage of it.

17. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for ALL comments.

I really enjoyed for the song, the voice & the music.

The setting was interesting.

18. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks very much for posting this clip. it's probably the most enjoyable thing I've seen on SS for a long time, and it's amazing how something like this can change the mood from bad to good. I wish this would happen in medical centre waiting rooms, Dave the Barbers' shop, Airports and anywhere else I have to spend time waiting. God bless 'em, I say.

19. Auspm

Auspm New Member

Trolling, trolling and oh yes, trolling?

All posts reported, seriously can't be arsed dealing with you people.

20. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

in my industry highly trained means SFA