Help! DHL from US to Aus

Discussion in 'Silver' started by rml978, Jan 7, 2011.

1. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Happy Birthday.

next time just buy bullion in Australia.

Saves the trauma & hassles.

Nothing better than rocking in to a shop & swapping fiat for PM's.

2. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

Happy B'day mate,

I hope you learn your lesson, Buy local!

3. rml978

rml978 Member

For me the lesson was 'look at the fine print'.

horses for courses... for some 'silver is silver is silver' and the brand/appearance doesn't matter. to an extent I agree, there is a place for bulk no frills bullion, and as my (baby) stack grows there will be a place for these bars as well. However, dealers do charge different prices for different 'brands' of bullion, even locally. moreover I like the visual appeal some bars have, note that is bars.. i am not into numimatics as such.

if more local bullion producers made more appealing bars in aus or dealers sourced the international ones (granted BB), I would buy them for sure.. alas I still have no PM as yet. There is a market for these 'pretty' bars, the forums (fora?) show this. And so I will include in my stack some 'foreign exotics' as it were. there are still alot of n. american, mexican and euro bars I would like as well as some asian ones (I think jap at the moment as chinese seems a bit risky). the next stop for me though will be some PM bars and kooks etc and more PAMPs sourced locally.

I agree, it does feel good to go to the shop and pick it up in person, even better when the shop is the pub and you can slip in a beer and have a chat with like minded and interesting ppl :)

(a shameless aurora/sydney stackers lunch plug!)

rml978