Help.. Buying Pandas in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Silver Frost, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Silver Frost

Silver Frost New Member

Hi can anyone give me the heads up on buying Pandas in Hong Kong? a couple of older friends are spending a week there and i thought they'd like to pick me up a few ,or am i dreaming? Can they be bought at banks over the counter and brought to Oz in hand luggage? Whats the premium?

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

The Central branches of Bank of China and HSBC should sell Gold coins, if they have stock.

They get cleaned out fast, lowest premiums in the world pretty much.

BOC rates here: http://www.bochk.com/whk/tradingrates/getMetalRate.do?lang=en&hd_str_langType=E&IRATECUR=

3. Silver Frost

Silver Frost New Member

Great thanks thinking of the 1/10 Au and some 1oz Ag. But dont follow HSBC?

4. Silver Frost

Silver Frost New Member

Intresting they dont list the 1oz Ag Panda, looking around the gold looks easier to buy than silver. Have any stackers bought silver pandas in Hong Kong? Be good to hear from you.

5. HustliN

HustliN New Member

Bump... Anyone know of any coin shops open on a Sunday in hong kong? Looking to buy 999 bullion or Chinese coins

Tried googling. Was thin in results.

6. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

7. HustliN

HustliN New Member

^

thanks buddy :)

went their. Huge selection of everything. Many many pandas, chinese lunars, and tons of chinese coins. Here in Macau the company also has a shop but much smaller. I recommend this place if your looking to grab some coins. Note they don't sell standard bullion here. I heard their is a kitco in HK. So go their.

From goldcoin HK got a lead to a coin place center. Think its in mong kok. try googling this stamp place. Think its called like fat lun suet something like that Its a 3 level place full of coins, stamps and paper money. If your looking for pandas, graded coins, chinese coins they have a great selection. Also many australlian lunars. but somewhat over priced IMO. It reminded me very much of China coin markets. Best thing is most of the people their spoke english. So a big plus.

Ended up being a productive day picking up a few pandas, a lunar tiger, few cool chinese coins.

Will go back again.

8. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi HustliN,
    Just wondering what's the premium they're charging for gold/silver pandas over there?
    I'm going to HK near the end of the month, hope i'll have to to go panda hunting.

Cheers!

9. HustliN

HustliN New Member

The premiums are Asians prices. So similar in line with what you may see on like eBay.au I assume. That's their asking prices. You can bargain with them especially if they don't have prices posted. I didnt see much gold pandas their. I must of been to occupied with the Perth lunars.

I also saw andrew chan/a chan on eBay store guy there. Check his website and expect to pay about 20% less than that will give you a good idea of the premiums. It's on then 3rd floor of the place with lunars and panda guy. Say the Canadian/Macau guy sent you there :) I did find some bargains though 07 panda for about 60 cdn or like 58 AUD in this small shop. Also 2010 for about 53 cdn sooo shocked to get them this low. Rare in asia. Guy said he was losing money on them.

I recommend checking out guang Zhou for pandas or any other part of china. They have just stock piles of them.

I was talking about the coin and stamp market in the above posts.

Also check out the china gold coin place if your looking for a quick buy. Has a great selection of gold and silver pandas. Expect to pay more though . It's a very nice shop and are slightly more high end. Should be easier to find than the market