Help a noob =)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by kenan83, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kenan83

kenan83 New Member

Hi!

Im new to all this. I would like to start my collection of coins. I live in Sweden so I will order from Germany.

Is this a good fhirt order:

30 $ Koala Ag (1 kg) 2011
    30 $ Kookaburra AG (1 kg) 2011
    http://www.silber-werte.de/epages/s.../sw/Products/"05000922011 20"&CategoryID=7844

I was thinking to order one from 2011 and one from 2010 but i cant find them anywhere :S Its only been 25 days since 2010, why did they take them away?

Thx

2. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Welcome kenan83, any certified .999 Silver is a good investment in my opinion. The Koala is probably the closest thing to a Bullion round that the Perth Mint produces. They tend to attract higher prices overseas than within Australia. The Kooks are always a great investment tending to attract a higher premium than the Koala's. Smaller coins may be a better option if your looking to trade out later on. When the price of silver goes to $250 oz you may struggle to find a buyer for your kilo coins. Probably not though, Gold will be around $5k at that point.

3. kenan83

kenan83 New Member

Ty for the welcome =)

When you write the Kooks, i guess you mean Kookaburra right? I will buy smaller coins also, but since I just started, i will need to do some reading, so I will just buy a few now. Its only the start of the year, so there is no hurry I think.

But what about if I want 1kg coins from 2010, why aren't there any of those on there German internet sited. I would prefer to but from a registered store rather than from eBay since I have no cloe yet.

4. kenan83

kenan83 New Member

Is there anywhere that I can see all the coins and the collections? I found this site http://www.pandacollector.com/ and it was great, but I would like to see all the coins and the years =)

5. kenan83

kenan83 New Member

And the last question of the day =)

If you had about 1500-1700 euro to spend on this site, how would you spend them? I was thinking to buy two 1kg coins and some 1oz. I'm gonna make some more orders when i learn more, so it fells best for now to order like that. What do you think? What would you order?

I'm planing to place an order by tomorrow so plz help

6. Guest

Guest Guest

1oz of gold.

:)

7. kenan83

kenan83 New Member

hehe later maybe, don't have the money for that right now, 10 silver coins > 1 gold coin :p

8. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome to the Forum kenan83,

You could look for Krause Coin Catalogs either in hard copy form in a library,
    or you could buy one on eBay cd format around $35 delivered, or you could
    search the net to download a copy.

The catalog will list all the coins,mintages, precious metal weights and stuff like that.