Heard of Graphite yet?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Apr 16, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Im pretty much free carry on Archer (AXE) who are able to produce a non-synthetic product that can rival the synthetic graphite on the market

Great news, and their pretty cashed up still after selling Olympic Dam tenaments to BHP (for $8m) before BHP scaled back their expansion plans

So im still pretty happy to sit and watch, sold out of Talga becaus they are less advanced and needed the cash.

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not in on any yet but do think graphite has some really interesting potential especially the larger flake type deposits such as Eyre peninsular etc. The number of potential uses for Graphene and the increasing number of patents being listed worldwide for everything from water purification to military and electrical uses will (IF TEOTWAWKI doesn't occur) mean a much greater demand for a product that has already grown in price exponentially in recent years.

In this case Claw it does walk and talk like a duck so it could infact be a duck and with a limited number of Aussie players in the game down here with a politically stable environment and economy it could be a potential new coal or iron ore, bauxite type industry. SER already has a tech development agreement in place with Monash Uni and demand just based on current applications is already predicted to outstrip supply shortly.

[​IMG]
    Source:

3. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    No doubt Graphite will be the next big mover... I'm always looking for some when I'm out drilling or exploring. But my 'Duck comment' :) was refering to SER's poor track record.

If they talk like shonks and act like shonks... you can be pretty sure you're gunna get ripped off. There have been more than enough small gold miners that have raised cashed several times over, but never produced a single ounce for this little black duck to learn his lesson.

There's undoubtedly some economic deposits out there that have been overlooked because.. well, no one was looking for graphite in the past 200 years. But I'd rather leave it to a new name with no track record, rather than one with a record of not producing.

P.S. do graphene sheets require high quality graphite feed stock? I thought they were assembled with nano-tech and could use any old char !?

4. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I got ya now Claw, yeah I've read quite a bit about certain members of the managment , shame really given the prospects of the tenement. From what I've gathered so far graphene requires the larger flake size graphite to be able to manufacture the structures. The finer stuff is still in great demand for li ion batterys etc as well but the large the flake size the more valuable the deposit.

some more info on patents
    http://www.proedgewire.com/graphite...patents-foretell-imminent-graphene-expansion/

and graphite/graphene
    http://dailyresourcehunter.com/crash-course-graphite-profitable-graphene/

5. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

For those who may want a little extra cash $$$ for christmas, have a punt on SYR and CSE. Expecting a big announcement soon and possibly SYR moving into the ASX200. Just my 2 cents worth....

6. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

It's not too late.....I hope some of you listened yesterday.

7. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Would have loved to but no money - watching with interest though
    Appreciate the tip.

8. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any thoughts on BBR - Bora Bora Resources?

9. Boof

Boof New Member

I had holdings in both BBR and SYR (substantially more in SYR) but recently sold all BBR to put into syrah. I tend to think SYR will soon destroy most other graphite hopefuls when the size and magnitude of its balama project coupled with low production costs, access to infrastructure all become a reality. I Agree with ashleyd123, get in why you can, it's been a fun ride so far. I also researched CSE, wow, totally undervalued, amazed to see they own 11m shares in SYR which means their SP is undervalued by >15% with cash in bank etc. Any upside to SYR will also see CSE rocket. I'll be buying in Monday.
    PDI - hmmm, not to sure with that one Mr Ashd123, you must know something we don't ?? :/ Care to explain?

10. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

Just a hunch Boof, time will tell.

Good to see SYR break through the $3.00 mark today, congrats on buying into CSE Monday, a tidy profit for you already and much more to come. Enjoy the ride :)

11. NlightN

NlightN Member Silver Stacker

Can someone shed some light on recent SYR price action?

12. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

Starting to gain momentum now with the MOU announced yesterday, still so much upside to these. Keep accumilating. Will be a dividend paying share in <12months IMO

13. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

14. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. ashleyd123

ashleyd123 Member

Haters will hate.

16. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

17. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

VXL was my other pick for Greenman's super trader comp today... had to flip a coin to decide, and VXL lucked out.

18. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Carbon fiber was discovered over 50 years ago and its still hardly used and Graphene is even harder to implement then Carbon fiber.

So all I'm saying is even though it has fantastic properties, don't expect it will become viable anytime soon. There is still ALOT of work to be done with Graphene before its even usable, then you have to find a way to produce and manipulate it cheaply.

I know its easy to become blinded when you have money invested in something. I have made this mistake in the past...

19. Sultan Pepper

Sultan Pepper Member

Anyone on board with Lamboo Resources (LMB)? Up 27% today.

20. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker