Have we wasted our money on silver and just bought gold?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TeaPot&ChopSticks, Jun 7, 2012.

1. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

When it comes to the global elitist - thanks to alex jones, have us cockroaches wasted our money on silver and should have just bought gold ( 'cough' expensive) ?

Poor Europe is being looted in plain sight - special thanks to JPMorgan administrators who facilitate the theft and help set up the bilderberg new world order.

I am sure they will try to gouge everything and anybody in sight - too bad about ireland recently voting yes on the referendum.

So I am asking people out there despite the fundamentals is silver a bad investment?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You really need to make that judgement for yourself TBH.

If you need to garner the opinion on others because you're concerned over your position, then really the point is moot and you should consider selling and getting out.

That said, my position is the same as always : Long physical - cost average - net buyer - Gold AND Silver

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Do you mean, should we have bought gold instead? Umm Not for any reason i can think of, what were the reasons you were thinking of?

I am up to play with Alex Jones and the Cockroaches rhetoric but nothing i can think of leads me to the conclusion i am wasting my time being in silver..

I little more game perhaps?

1for1

4. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Just been thinking that is all ( wondering what others think too ) - fundamentals are solid that is why I am in for the long term and will stay in - Silver and Gold. We probably have a year or too before things go kaboom regarding the price of real money anyways.

5. Lurkalot

Lurkalot New Member

Apart from about 20 UK gold Sovereigns, I'm all in silver. No regrets.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

When things go kaboom as it were, pretty much any commodity with intrinsic value is worthy of consideration.

The fundamentals on Ag are incredible. I'm content to be in both and remain in both.

People chasing short term profits will undoubtedly bail, but the mainstay will see the course through I'd imagine.

Since I've got zero leverage on my position (however small it is), I'm under zero pressure to sell at all.

I'm just enjoying the show.

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well all the banks and China are buying up gold, not silver (according to lots of different stories).

So if the end game is to own all the gold then I'm not playing.

I have gold but if it doubles in value I don't have enough to be rich. Same with silver, I won't have enough to be rich but I will have enough to be smug!

8. Argent47

Argent47 Member

Silver is probably safer than lending your money to the bank for minimal return.

9. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

If you think there is going to be appreciation in $ terms of each metal, which is likely to occur first, gold at $3,200 an oz or silver at $60 an oz? I reckon $60 an oz would be more likely thus favour the ag over the au.

10. Argent47

Argent47 Member

Agreed, I think $60 silver is much closer. Silver can be seen as an investment and gold as a hedge against inflation. We need to sweat out the silver volatility and hold for the long term. Even if someone's stack devalues by 25% or 50%, they have not lost any money until they sell.

11. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

that get me thinking :)

losing both paper digit and physical just like being cut by a sword :| so die die must hold on to the metal, so there will be no loss!

12. boyracer

boyracer Member

Don't agree with your 2nd sentence. Nothing wrong with questioning yourself/beliefs every so often. Good chance to reassess what you are doing and why.

As to your last line I am in total agreement. Really the only question I have for myself is over the ratio of how much gold to silver.

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

There fixed it :) NP

14. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

My brain just fell out and it feels good. :D

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah bro. ... I'm no cockroach, the global elite are the cancer thats killing it's host.

If you have these worries jump off the silver bull and jump on the gold one. Not everyone can take the volatility of the silver bull.

16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

you can always hide the stuff in here :p

17. Spode

Spode Member

I've been stacking silver for ten years and am quite happy.

Decide what you want from it, that will help you answer your question.

18. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Silver = "Poor Mans Gold" IMHO.When the SHTF and the Kochys of the world are wailing about Gold on telly,the masses will buy it all up(driving gold and its little cousin up with it)...then whats left for the poor people who are losing the value of their hard earned (currency) and what can they afford to protect thier dwindling wealth? Do your own research and make up your own mind...after all its your money...(sorry)...er currency

19. Kawa

Kawa New Member

The thing that will drive the price of silver is investment demand from new and existing investors.As things get tighter world wide I think in fact you will see investment demand actually decrease in relative terms as people will re allocate to the day to day expenses of living.

Energy costs are the new inflation and this along with food costs are going to own the attention of all across the world for some time to come.

I think silver will be between 20-40 USD for along time.For me it's all about buying within the peaks and lows over the next 10 years .

20. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think that there is some merit in the statement: "Where gold goes, silver follows".