Has anyone heard of this scam/has any ideas?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by CFP, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CFP

CFP New Member

Yeah so here is the development.
    I went to the police and they cannot do anything because a crime has not yet been committed.
    And it sounds like they can't do a lot if you send a clown like this money.
    You may get your money back but I would not hold my breath.

I've dealt with police a lot in the past and this is a common theme.
    It is not their fault, it is the system.
    They can't go in and "set the guy up" because it is entrapment.
    The crime has to be committed and then they can "investigate."
    I could not even send him money according to them now because I "know" it is a scam
    and apparently then I could be held liable (officer was very vague on this so I may have interpreted it incorrectly).

Keep in mind that he sent me a copy of his "girlfriends" id and an address, the id has some blacked out lines, he also sent me bank
    account details. I have records of texts where everything is well documented and showed this to the police but they can
    literally do nothing.

So I rung wank nuts up and gave him a serve.
    He is adamant that it is legit blah blah blah, seemed shocked etc.
    I called him out and used a few choice words.

He scurried down his hole and then sent me this text message.
    "Your number will be put on facebook, gumtree, you name it that you are a
    scammer and a time waster. I was after a sale NOT a scam... I have the items..."

I personally could not care as I will be moving overseas in the next 3-6 months and I only worry
    about my reputation with genuine people.
    I am considering putting all his details up on here and it would not surprise me if he
    was a member of the forum because he did mention it so if you are on here mate turtle you.

So as you can see this guy is a douche, if he or his gf contact you just don't have
    anything to do with them. I have contacted someone else who was almost taken in by him
    and he reckons the bloke/gf are drug addicts, really would not surprise me.

I also tried to contact someone else on the forum who was contacted by "Steve" but
    have not received a response. I dare say that we have dealt with the same person.

2. CFP

CFP New Member

Just heard back from the other member. It is the same guy and same number. He is also prank calling me now and the idiot left a message on my vm.