hardly no-one buying....hardly no-one selling

Discussion in 'Silver' started by stellaconcepts, May 25, 2011.

1. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Can I just say - NO-ONE is buying the physical silver market. (sure there are few people buying as their always is - but im talking really buying...)

take for example the week leading up to the high in silver. You could sell silver in milliseconds at big premiums. now... not so... interesting.

Certainly not much selling either....

First time I've really noticed such a stalemate in this market - mind you - having spotmex allows me to see things I otherwise wouldnt... but it is certainly interesting...

not making anything of it...just offering what im seeing.

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Strong hands/serious folks remain, weak hands shaken out by the recent volatility maybe? The strong hands holding their positions and playing a waiting game and the weak hands afraid to buy in now? Who knows....

3. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

Like you said. Psychological damage has been done. I'd. Be buying but no fiat left :(

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

i'd hazard a guess that this is due to the price flatlining during the last week or two...

Silver will move up strongly again and when it does all the cleverdicks will be doing a lot less talking and a whole lot of buying ;)

5. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maby toO many bought at or above $40 & can't afford to sell right now.
    Maby people beleive in "da moon".
    Maby everyone is waiting 5-6 weeks for purchases to arrive.

??????

6. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Just by this site alone, I think there has been quite a bit of sales happening, the preorder of a mixed monster box last 2 weeks ago. The auctions have been pretty strong so I think on this site there has still been a good amount of buying, even if the premiums as one member pointed out were ridiculous in comparison when the prices were rising

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

....probably just holding fire till the dragons arrive! :cool:

8. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Meh probably had a lot of users when SPOTMEX freshly launched (coincided with the run up of POS) so you saw a lot of activity.

After a while SPOTMEX novelty wears off, some people just decide its a pain in the butt (doesn't work/ajax is bad/difficult UI or whatever) and leave and this coincides with POS dropping back to their low levels.

I definitely wouldn't say no one is buying or selling, market's just a bit stale but if you look at the SC bars, Steve moved heaps on here no problems.

Just a guess anyhow.

9. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Theres a lot of behind the scenes buying that comes through here that doesn't raise it's head in a thread.

10. Captain Kookaburra

... Lots of sales of 10 oz bars. Last week saw all of my 1kgs out the door. Only have half kilos left now.

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

stella did you miss aurora's thread when he sold southern cross bars. it was an orgy of monumental proportions as salivating stackers threw themselves at his feet trying to obtain some of his little bounty.
    Sorry fish, took me 10 minutes to type my reply and then post and it basically repeats what you said

12. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

stellaconcepts - With respect, Still think theres a fair bit moving...for example BB seems to sell out of most listed items ...then a few pop up again as available, then back on the delay list , etc...

Personally wasn't going to miss out and ended up overextending myself, so some Tigers had to go - based on the spot the premiums were very high but had 10 buys in backup if any sale fell through...

Wasn't a stacker during the GFC but have been told a 60% premium wasn't unusual...you just couldn't get the physical any other way - no one was selling 'cheap' bullion.

The point being the markup expands when the spot is low or shrinks when the spot is high to adjust the end price suitable for the buying market - almost a built in safety net - but stretched in one direction too long causes a new accepted premium.

13. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Lol I don't mind, CK also said what we said pretty much. Massive sales of the SC bars on here by Steve!

This topic should be renamed to hardly anyone buying....hardly anyone selling (on SPOTMEX)

/dons flame suit and /hides

14. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

I was in ABC Sydney last week. Quieter than I've seen for last year or so.

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I have been thinking the trading forums have been alive for the last week only the kg bars are moving slower than usual only because they have been a little high on the premiums but they are still moving.Nothing against the sellers they probably bought them when the market was up & wanted to recoup their money no one likes to sell at a loss

16. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

c'mon, it's all your fault :p

Though srsly, I think it's a combo of:
    -investors who bought at the highs, got dissappointed and are now hoping to sell out and at least break-even
    -tin foil hat wearers (e.g. me) who are holding due to an incoming GFC2 or QE3
    -sheeple who don't want to buy anymore after being burnt by following youtube prophets/gods

GFC2 or bust!!

17. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

mabey everyones buying gold

18. Captain Kookaburra

To be honest ... Ck is selling a bit on Spotmex as well :)

I'm eyeing off those PAMP bars at the moment.

19. Graeme

Graeme Member Silver Stacker

I'm still buying but only when I can find PM at 5-10% under spot. I just bought more silver today at $3 under spot. :)

20. hazy

hazy Active Member

well I was just thinking about posting a little essay on my experience, since I started stacking this year and maybe someone would find it interesting. But to sum it up, it was basically, bought bought traded bought bought... oh.... (May 2011) WTF just happened? sold... bought bought ... oh fudge my sundae its still going down. who is this stella guy anyway. got no money... argh! contract not renewed. new job. need a second car dammit. Washing machine broke down ah damn all my savings are in silver. Aw man. What would Max Keiser do? I know, melt it all into bullets to shoot at Blythe. Stuff it, sold.

So thats me.

But of course if my car flies through rego and a washing machine turns up and the new job pays smoothly, you never know. buy buy buy, not out of the question. But I am talking small amounts here, I mean my total target was only ever 200 oz and I never got there.