half oz and 2 oz silver bullion dragons?

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by backsideroyale, Nov 16, 2011.

1. backsideroyale

backsideroyale Member

Im trying to get hold of some of these coins at a reasonable price. I know the perth mint issued a statement in sept saying they were putting production on hold to keep up with kook demand and that they would resume production later this year with half oz dragons being the top priority.

Obviously the perth mint bullion site hasnt had any for ages and various depts of the mint tell me they dont know when they will be in.

I noticed Apmex has half oz bullion dragons available at over 51 US each and 2 oz at over $143 !! Presumably this is to do with the current shortage and prices should readajust down once they are being minted again but damn couldnt beleive those prices.

Any other sources?

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Yeah thats a joke. The 1/2 were $22 each so dont go near those prices. Wait till the new year would be my advice !

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Apparently they're going back into production in January, so if you can hold out for a few months you'll be able to save a fair bit.

Now that the 1oz Dragons and the 1oz Kooks are sold out, people are going to have to buy either the 1oz Koala or the smaller size dragons.

Somehow I think there will be more demand for the smaller size dragons.

4. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

Dont forget the 20oz Koala.

Scorp

5. backsideroyale

backsideroyale Member

Yeah I wouldnt go near those kinds of premiums that apmex has them up for. For the price they want for a half oz dragon you could get a 1 oz kook which actually has a mintige plus is twice as much silver...and a large meal at maccers.

I can pre-order half oz dragons @ around $21 each...around a 23.5 percent premium or 2 dollars an oz more than what I paid for kooks today which seems a good deal particulary given apmex's extroardinary pricing. I was trying to find their "buyback" amount but couldnt for the lunars...Depending on delivery dates could be a quick buck to be made selling them to apmex.

6. silverlover

silverlover Member

Thats highway robbery from Apmex. Yah, like others said, wait till early next year.

7. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

Where do you pre-order?

8. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Wait til next year only to be dissapointed? Id source one locally for cheaper just if you need one or two. Otherwise wait (in Vain?)

1for1