Guest Post: The End Of Swiss And Japanese Deflation

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by thatguy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-end-swiss-and-japanese-deflation
    [​IMG]
    Bit boring but reference to AUD were eye catching.

If gold goes boom and you take into consideration AU in the ground surely there is a stoploss on the AUD most other countries do not have??

A and U are becoming my favorite letters

2. kraut

kraut New Member

I doubt that we will see a swiss franc deflation.
    Switzerland pegged its currency to the Euro last fall and is unlikely to unpeg it again.
    I know that the pegging came as surprise to the most of the market, but not to those who realised what was going on. Switzerland geographically a very small country and is surrounded by coutries that posses the Euro. Even though most Swiss people are proud of their currency and autonomy, they did most of theif shopping outside their own country, when the price difference started increasing. That in combination with fear for the upcoming skiing season the government decided it to be better to tie the franc to Euro.

http://www.aljazeera.com/business/2011/09/2011979103975856.html

So you are not going to see a franc deflation without a Euro deflation. And do you belief in a Euro deflation. :rolleyes:

3. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Inflation/Deflation of what? Prices or circulating currency lol?

I fail to see why they see low inflation in Australia as a bad thing (as ridiculous as that figure is, it's at least 5 times that in reality). It's like they are drawing a direct and rigid relationship between inflation and economic strength. If so, the twit that wrote that needs to stop writing.........period.