Greece

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Miss Silver, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day I have very little sympathy for the Greeks. When it all boils down to it, we can whinge and wine about a NWO buying up all Greece's assets and what not but the simple fact remains that the Greek people are at the heart of it responsible.

This is the biggest downfall of democracy. If the people allow a political environment where pollies continually promise more and more over and beyond what a country can afford then this is the result in the end. Sooner or later the piper gets paid and if you spend beyond your means for too long without paying it down over time the train wreck ensues.

Greece is different to Ireland in that the large portions of their debts haven't come in the last few years bailing out banks. They have been racking this up over more than a decade.

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

We had better be careful here in Australia as well. Next election here come Tony and Jullia handing goodies around..Vote for me and I'll give you $$$$$

BS is what they will give you. The same BS that the Greeks got!

Errol43

3. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

To give you guys an example millions of dollars were given to the greek government to develop the country, a foothpath that costs 2 million euros to build was quoted at 15million eur, the people involved in the project pocketed 13million eur! this is the sort of corruption that has been happening here for the past 20 years! their is much talk at the moment in greece about the amount if money that greek individuals hold in swiss bank accounts, apparently this money is in the hundreds of billions!

yesterday we went to collect our yearly subsidy for our olive groves we have arouns 150 trees, whilst waiting in line the farmer ahead of us told us to declare 300 trees on our property to receive a higher subsidy! i was gobsmacked! their aren no controls in this area and the ag sector in greece has been doing this for years with all ag commodities. When an audit does happen usually for the amount of pigs or cows othet farmers will just borrow from others to make up the numbers.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it's called bribing someone with their own money ;-)

5. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Not sure if that is totally correct, Jonesy, as it is the debt that we own rather than the currency created as the currency is issued at interest and needs to be repaid.

I understand what you mean, and purhaps I'm being pedantic, but seeing as every single dollar represents an outstanding debt then the currency itself is representative of the obligation to repay it plus interest and nothing else.

Maybe it is more accurate to say that they are bribing people with their own freedom.

And if anyone tells me I'm responsible for the corrupt antics of my government I'll punch them in the face for their stupidity. One may as well say that all the Iraqi children murdered by the "coalition of the willing" deserved it because they allowed Sadam Hussein to rule over them. They were innocently born into that mess and then grew up knowing nothing else.