GP. Have Some Posters Disappeared?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by errol43, Oct 3, 2011.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

GP. What has happened to Matrix Opals and Old Codger..They used to post at least 3 times a day.Are they in the naughty corner?

I often wonder what happened to old members from a couple of years ago. Churchill and Hanrahan ?

I would like you to consider changing the number of posts attributed to Auspm..He and several others, including yourself was what made this site interesting in its early days.

Do you ever send a pm to members who used to post regularly and suddenly drop out. I suppose some move on, some get sick and some may even pass on.

I know you must spend a considerable amount of time keeping us posters on the straight and narrow.

Hope I don't get too long a suspension for posting this. :D

Besides the SS needs me for the night shift. :)

Regards Errol 43

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Probably a question more suited for a private message, but anyway:

MatrixOpals - requested account to be removed
    Churchill - requested account to be removed
    Hanrahan - banned
    Old Codger - still a member, last logged in today

Auspm previously asked for his account to be removed, but has rejoined as auspm - the database still contains all of his previous posts.

4. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

GP.When a member is banned, is it possible to view the post that led to his banning?

I was in two minds as to whether to post it for general viewing or to PM you...I realize that some members like these matters to be done in private while others don't mind it being discussed in the open.

Do most people get banned because they attack the poster and not the subject? Is their any right of appeal? What if an apology is offered!

Regards Errol 43

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Old codger weren't you on holidays for some time?

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Generally if a post led to a banning, it's of a nature that warranted it's removal.

Outright bannings for regular members (not counting spammers that last a few minutes) could probably be counted on one hand, and generally follow "pull your head in" warnings, formal warnings, temporary bans followed by a permanent ban for continued unacceptable conduct. There have been instances where a post has led straight to a temporary ban for a clear breach of forum rules, but I can't recall any members being permanently banned for a single "first offence" post, it's always been after a pattern of conduct. Everyone has an off-day at some stage or other.

Some members have elected to request their account be removed after receiving one or more conduct warnings.