Google Trends Data

Discussion in 'Silver' started by NiGMa46, Apr 11, 2011.

1. NiGMa46

NiGMa46 Member

This is a link to a Google Trends search on "silver bullion": http://www.google.com/trends?q=silver+bullion&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I just thought i'd be a good idea to have a look at.

Seems to have started climbing with the price of silver mid last year. If you compare regions, it looks like Australia is almost on par with the US in searches. Interesting stuff I'd say. If we hit "phase 3" we should be able to see it on this trends data. The biggest spike in volume was mid 2008 when the markets tanked. I guess alot of people were suddenly thinking of physical.. not sure why the actual price of silver didn't go up at the time though. Either way the last few months have seen almost equal volume and it looks like it will be sustained.

Thoughts? Anyone done this before?

What would be a another search term that would provide some good info?

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Actually that's a bloody good idea to help monitor trends. Well done :) and thank you.

3. 2ds

2ds New Member

I found silver coin a good search as well

4. NiGMa46

NiGMa46 Member

Wow, just tried "investment property" and counting the entire globe, Australia has the top 5 cities where this is searched! thats crazy! If you limit the region to Australia, you can see that since the start of 2010, its in a clear downward trend. This is fun!

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

[​IMG]
    This possibly shows where GSR is going also if the global economy gets worse I should suppose silver should go up as it looks like it correlates to "economic collapse"